Top 25 Players in the last past 25 years(1980-2005) in your region??

RMGS

Stick1,

Mike SCOTT is who I meant instead of Tennessee Tech and former UK asst. MIKE SUTTON! :eek: That was my typo...

I also had Steve Trivette of Rowan County. I played against him and he was a great basketball player. But reviewing the list, I dropped him off and made a few additions.

All are argueable....but they could ALL PLAY!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently college coaches didn't think so. Goetz was a good player, I believe he had or still has the record for career assists.

Its to my understanding Goetz could of played after but he made the decision on his own to start coaching which he did right away. Plus this thread isn't anything about college, this is about what you did in High School and Goetz resume is as good or better than the 4 I listed.

So I did miss something. HC made it to the final 4? Refresh my memory on the year.

I believe it was 91. Holmes was supposed to go down after making the finals the year before. Erik was the starting pg as a sophomore. He did have Andre McClendon and Todd Houston. If Cory miller doesn't get hurt they probably play in the state finals.

I believe it was 91. Holmes was supposed to go down after making the finals the year before. Erik was the starting pg as a sophomore. He did have Andre McClendon and Todd Houston. If Cory miller doesn't get hurt they probably play in the state finals.

Wow. Absolutely no recall of that.

Someone from the 13th help me out.

Blake Hubbs - Cawood

Aaron Cash - Rockcastle (Was in the region in the past 25 years.)

Paul "P-nut" Hearld - Cawood

Angelo Smith - Clay Co.

William "Boo" Fields - Harlan

Asher - Clay (I think Jeremy. Led them to their last Sweet 16 5 years back)

Isaiah Mills - Corbin

Some may not be in the top 25, but all good players.

:thumb: Miller don't get hurt who knows HC might have a State title.

Also to answer your question yes Goetz was POY year also his senior season when they lost in 9th region finals on a buzzer beater to Conner.

Here's a 10th Region list from another perspective:

Augusta: Brian Kirk

Bishop Brossart: Evan McDole

Bourbon County: Corey Williams

Campbell County: Kevin Reinhardt

Clark County: Dante Gay

Fleming County: Robbie Graham, Presley Marshall

Harrison County: Jerry Fogle, Clay Muntz

Mason County: Deron Feldhaus, Dustin Grutza, Wes Jones, Chris Lofton, Shawn Myrick, Timmy Myrick

Maysville: Pat Moore

Montgomery County: Billy Ray Fawns, Ken Lee

Nicholas County: Daniel Brown

Paris: Brett Eades, Alvin Simms

Pendleton County: Jon Elrod, Talbert Turner

St. Patrick: Jay Gast

Tollesboro: Chris Harrison

Sorry Devilman, no one from Bracken County or Deming make my list (12 of your top 25 came from these two schools - give me a break; I don't think Deming or Bracken County has even made it to a regional final in the last 25 years, although my memory gets worse all the time). I'll take a front line of McDole, Reinhardt and Graham, with Timmy Myrick and Fogle at guard and if I can't beat any combination of your Deming and Bracken County guys by 20 every time, I should be sitting at home watching TV with the recently unemployed Coach Van Gundy and his family.

Not that those (Deming and Bracken County) guys weren't/arent nice ball players; but should they represent a 10th Region all-star team of the last quarter century? Doubtful.

Again, Devilman loves his Black Devils (and evidently the Polar Bears as well), but sometimes needs a reality check.

Good luck against Nicholas County!

Did you get to see Brian Spence from Tollsboro or Jamie Brown from Montgomery Co? How did they stack up compared to the guys listed? Just wondering, I went to college with them and heard they both could play. I know they could when we played pickup games!

Stick1,

Mike SCOTT is who I meant instead of Tennessee Tech and former UK asst. MIKE SUTTON! :eek: That was my typo...

I also had Steve Trivette of Rowan County. I played against him and he was a great basketball player. But reviewing the list, I dropped him off and made a few additions.

All are argueable....but they could ALL PLAY!!

I really respect your list. Just listing a few more names that I thougth were pretty good. Parker might have been the best one I listed.