Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 Class 4A Preseason Rankings

Featured Replies

1. Highlands

2. Boyle County

3. Lone Oak

4. Lexington Catholic

5. Covington Catholic

6. Johnson Central

7. Knox Central

8. Franklin-Simpson

9. Western

10. Madisonville-North Hopkins

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Highlands

2. Boyle County

3. Lone Oak

4. Lexington Catholic

5. Covington Catholic

6. Johnson Central

7. Knox Central

8. Franklin-Simpson

9. Western

10. Madisonville-North Hopkins

 

Some really good QBs in this group.

- The top 4 look dead on.

- A little surprised defending state runner-up Allen Co Scottsville didn't crack the top 10.

- I see the baseless Cov Cath lovefest continues.

  • Author

We gave ACS a long look but they lost a lot.

 

CCH looks pretty good on paper and they are moving down a class. I think it is a fair ranking for the Colonels but we all know BGP is where we all get to disagree.

How many other classes has the 1 and 2 ranked teams squaring off in their 1st regular season game? As for the list, I'll trust you on Lone Oak at # 3. The top 6 look spot on.

How many other classes has the 1 and 2 ranked teams squaring off in their 1st regular season game? As for the list, I'll trust you on Lone Oak at # 3. The top 6 look spot on.

 

Lone Oak was the only real question mark I had. I don't doubt their presence in the top ten spots, I'm just not so sure about #3.

Having seen both HHS and CovCath in person as an impartial observer last year, I thought CC had the better offense. Bir, I thought, was a much more accurate passer than Towles, who really only did damage against JC running the football. I don't think Towles threw the same tight spirals or velocity as Bir did in the action I saw. If CC develops anything that resembles a defense, they're probably one of a very, very few teams that could keep it close with HHS. Just my two cents. I don't think CC will beat HHS, but I think they have to be included in any top 5 in Class 4A.

Having seen both HHS and CovCath in person as an impartial observer last year, I thought CC had the better offense. Bir, I thought, was a much more accurate passer than Towles, who really only did damage against JC running the football. I don't think Towles threw the same tight spirals or velocity as Bir did in the action I saw. If CC develops anything that resembles a defense, they're probably one of a very, very few teams that could keep it close with HHS. Just my two cents. I don't think CC will beat HHS, but I think they have to be included in any top 5 in Class 4A.

 

If memory serves me correct Towles was not even close to a 100% last year in the playoffs. I believe he was dealing with a pretty nasty ankle injury..

Having seen both HHS and CovCath in person as an impartial observer last year, I thought CC had the better offense. Bir, I thought, was a much more accurate passer than Towles, who really only did damage against JC running the football. I don't think Towles threw the same tight spirals or velocity as Bir did in the action I saw. If CC develops anything that resembles a defense, they're probably one of a very, very few teams that could keep it close with HHS. Just my two cents. I don't think CC will beat HHS, but I think they have to be included in any top 5 in Class 4A.

 

Maybe a review of game films of the HHS vs. CovCath and JC would be a good start before making comparisons and inaccurate statements.

Looks like a good list to me. 1 and 2 are right, after that you could probably put the next 8 in any order. It's going to be a fun season.

Was also surprised to not see ACS in top ten. Also think Knox should beat somebody before they are put in top ten.

Was also surprised to not see ACS in top ten. Also think Knox should beat somebody before they are put in top ten.
Knox was pretty solid last year and appears to return a lot of key players, especially on offense. They lost to Johnson Central in overtime, beat a good Clay County team and was the only team that was competitive with Bell County during the regular season. They look legit.

Don't get me wrong. I think Knox has been a very good program the last 3 or 4 years. I also know that we are talking about the season coming up and not the past. However, despite getting close to some big wins, the win against Clay is their biggest win in the last two seasons.

If memory serves me correct Towles was not even close to a 100% last year in the playoffs. I believe he was dealing with a pretty nasty ankle injury..

 

As I said, all I saw were the two games against Johnson Central. Even on a bad ankle, Mueller had Towles carrying the football more than throwing, especially in the first half as I recall. Not saying Towles is an inferior QB, or even that he was at full strength against JC, nor will I deny he might have been throttled a bit by the conservative game plan. He throws fine passes, and he's a top-notch HS QB. Bir ripped us apart throwing the football, though. All over the field, all the different routes, and very accurate, again and again. I'm not saying Towles is overrated as a prospect; I'm saying Bir is very UNDERrated at this point. I'm sure that'll change.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.