Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Rick Shumate leaving Beechwood?

Featured Replies

Very happy for Rick! He is a outstanding coach and a good guy to be around!

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck to you Rick. You will do well no matter where you are. Kudos!

Give this job to Michael Miller. He has been at Beechwood for years. He was also apart of Buddy Biggs coaching staff at Pendleton while they were very, very successful from 2004-2006. He was a huge part of the 2005 PC team that made it to the state tourney. He has a great basketball mind and knows how to win...... no brainer IMO at this point in the game.

Give this job to Michael Miller. He has been at Beechwood for years. He was also apart of Buddy Biggs coaching staff at Pendleton while they were very, very successful from 2004-2006. He was a huge part of the 2005 PC team that made it to the state tourney. He has a great basketball mind and knows how to win...... no brainer IMO at this point in the game.
I agree! As I mentioned in post #6! :thumb:
Give this job to Michael Miller. He has been at Beechwood for years. He was also apart of Buddy Biggs coaching staff at Pendleton while they were very, very successful from 2004-2006. He was a huge part of the 2005 PC team that made it to the state tourney. He has a great basketball mind and knows how to win...... no brainer IMO at this point in the game.

 

I don't think he is a teacher, is he? As qualified as he may be, I think it is hard for a non teacher to be a head coach in basketball or football. How many public school head coaches in Northern Ky. in those two sports are not teachers?

  • Author

I think Michael Miller would be an excellent replacement. I can also see the Tigers hiring Ross Hart.

 

Anyone?

I think Michael Miller would be an excellent replacement. I can also see the Tigers hiring Ross Hart.

 

Anyone?

 

Is Ross Hart a teacher? He is assisting at Holmes isn't he? Has he ever been a head coach?

I think Michael Miller would be an excellent replacement. I can also see the Tigers hiring Ross Hart.

 

Anyone?

 

Is Ross Hart a teacher? He is assisting at Holmes isn't he? Has he ever been a head coach?

 

Ross has done a great job as head coach of the JV squad at Holmes. He really knows how to relate to the kids and get the most out of them. I'd hate to see him leave Holmes but it'd be a great hire by Beechwood.

Congrats Rick!

Terrible timing for the Beechwood program. Hope they find a quality coach and best of luck to Rick.

Rick Shumate did a great job at Beechwood. But let's not kid ourselves Michael Romes put Beechwood back on the map.

FYI, Shumate is either 47 or 48, I think he has some underwear that is 42 years old! :dancingpa Congrats to Rick, and to South Dearborn great fit for both!

Not sure I agree with that. We went to college together and I am 45 and he arrived the year AFTER me. His cousin Basil and I were freshmen together.

 

Congrats to Rick. Pretty good golfer too.

Rick Shumate did a great job at Beechwood. But let's not kid ourselves Michael Romes put Beechwood back on the map.

 

I think Romes transferred from somewhere...

The 2008-2009 Beechwood team was very good. Beat Highlands who was a reg. semi finalist, took Boone County to the final minutes in the region, had the younger Romes boy not gotten hurt that day wasnt a stretch to say the they were in position to knock off the Rebels. Also played Holmes tough twice that year. Beuttel (sp) and Romes were two good guard, and the two big kids, one was real athletic and the other Smith i believe they were good players as well. Also didnt they have two smaller guards that were good shooters? Had Holmes and Boone County not been top ten in the state most of the season this team would have been talked about a lot more in northern Ky.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.