Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Calipari

Featured Replies

What would you have done? Kept calling him a cheater and ran your own site into the ground?

 

Would have said I'll give him some time to prove me wrong, not try to erase any history of something I said on record...

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya think? :D

 

Exactly. Let's call it what it is, not try to make me into some blindly loyal fan...

Would have said I'll give him some time to prove me wrong, not try to erase any history of something I said on record...

 

Which is the appropriate thing to do but I certainly can see the reasoning behind what he did. Most of Big Blue Nation was thrilled with the hire and being the founder of that site, it was much better for business for him to be as well.

Which is the appropriate thing to do but I certainly can see the reasoning behind what he did. Most of Big Blue Nation was thrilled with the hire and being the founder of that site, it was much better for business for him to be as well.

 

So sell your integrity for page views. Not my style, but is nothing new to Matt Jones...

So sell your integrity for page views. Not my style, but is nothing new to Matt Jones...

 

At that point, why not just embrace Cal and jump on board?

 

FWIW, he did say on air that if he was a Louisville fan he would still be calling Cal a cheater to other UK fans.

At that point, why not just embrace Cal and jump on board?

 

FWIW, he did say on air that if he was a Louisville fan he would still be calling Cal a cheater to other UK fans.

 

Because he still feels the same way he always did deep down... :thumb:

I don't read this Bleacher Report site regularly, but on a cursory glance, I find no evidence that the writer is a UConn fan/homer. Not sure where you're getting that from, unless it's simply a homer reaction to a piece that goes against your team.

 

Especially since that whole "more momentum and for longer" part is factually inaccurate. Kentucky is 10-0 since 2/26 while UConn is 10-2. UConn's streak didn't start until 3/8.

 

What? What does this have anything to do with what I said? I'm not defending the quality of the article (which is indeed not that well written); just the rush by you guys to paint him as a UConn fan, even though there is no evidence that he is.

 

I'll try to make it simple:

 

UK fans call out the reporter for being a homer.

You claim there is nothing to support such ludicrous claims.

I point out a specific example of him using false information to paint UConn in a more positive light.

You claim this is completely irrelevant.

 

So according to you, using incorrect information to speak more highly about UConn is in no way evidence that the writer may hold a favorable bias towards UConn?

Cal is not a cheater. Even if he gets caught cheating, I will not believe it.

Cal is not a cheater. Even if he gets caught cheating, I will not believe it.

 

Sounds reasonable... :lol:

Cal is not a cheater. Even if he gets caught cheating, I will not believe it.

 

No different than those who are certain he cheats even thought he's never been caught.

I'll try to make it simple:

 

UK fans call out the reporter for being a homer.

You claim there is nothing to support such ludicrous claims.

I point out a specific example of him using false information to paint UConn in a more positive light.

You claim this is completely irrelevant.

 

So according to you, using incorrect information to speak more highly about UConn is in no way evidence that the writer may hold a favorable bias towards UConn?

 

We've noted before that it's a rush piece, not well-researched. You have zeroed in on this "momentum" thing as though he did all this deep research to back up his opinion, even though the writer obviously is just tossing out a gut feeling.

 

And still, none of your numbers there proves anything in terms of this writer being a UConn homer. He's made two things obvious, and two things only: That he's a lazy writer, and that he doesn't like Calipari and/or UK.

 

You're making a leap in logic without complete information. I'll ask you: If I think that UK is going to win Saturday and Monday, does that make me a UK fan?

I'm beyond being bothered by accusatory articles labeling such-and-such coach a cheater. As I've said a million and four times, all the big boys cheat in some way, shape, or form. If you're careless enough to get caught, or stupid enough to continue to deny it even though the evidence proves otherwise, then you dig your own grave. Most who throw the cheating element into a discussion are either haters or incredibly naive.

 

That coach is a cheater = That politician is a liar

Cal is not a cheater. Even if he gets caught cheating, I will not believe it.

 

:thumb:

 

I'm with you.

 

I'm just going to enjoy the ride for however long it lasts.

We've noted before that it's a rush piece, not well-researched. You have zeroed in on this "momentum" thing as though he did all this deep research to back up his opinion, even though the writer obviously is just tossing out a gut feeling.

 

And still, none of your numbers there proves anything in terms of this writer being a UConn homer. He's made two things obvious, and two things only: That he's a lazy writer, and that he doesn't like Calipari and/or UK.

 

You're making a leap in logic without complete information. I'll ask you: If I think that UK is going to win Saturday and Monday, does that make me a UK fan?

 

I'll take your admission that "he doesn't like Calipari and/or UK." as close enough to him being a UConn homer. When you're writing a UConn/UK article, it doesn't really make a difference if you're pro UConn or anti UK. Its the same thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.