Elite 8: Kentucky vs. UNC predictions 3/27

UKYBBALL

Who wins?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Earlier in the year I would say NC. Liggens is lockdown on D. Miller/Lamb one is due to get off. Knight has shown the potential to take over. Jorts is solid. Jones played about as bad as possible in the 1st matchup. Cal is great at playing the underdog 4 seed even though Vegas has UK -1.5. As a coach one thing I hate is having to try to beat a great team twice. It is very tough to do. Didn't think a month ago I would feel this way but IF KY comes down off the cloud (I think they will because UNC beat them earlier) then I think UK wins in a classic.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think UK is the better team, but it should be another close game. I think Liggins will be on the PG again to disrupt the UNC offense. They changed when the PG changed. Once again, can't afford Harrelson in foul trouble. Who thought Jorts would be the one guy we can't play without?

Also, a big difference in last year and this year is the upperclassmen leadership. Patterson provided that to a degree last year, but he didn't provide that intense, refuse to lose, I'm going to make big plays and not be denied leadership like we've had from Miller, Liggins and Harrelson down the stretch of this season.

I think UK is the better team, but it should be another close game. I think Liggins will be on the PG again to disrupt the UNC offense. They changed when the PG changed. Once again, can't afford Harrelson in foul trouble. Who thought Jorts would be the one guy we can't play without?

Also, a big difference in last year and this year is the upperclassmen leadership. Patterson provided that to a degree last year, but he didn't provide that intense, refuse to lose, I'm going to make big plays and not be denied leadership like we've had from Miller, Liggins and Harrelson down the stretch of this season.

:thumb:

What is UK's record this year against Teams who have already beaten them?

Knight had an off night against OSU. Normally when he has an off night, he comes back and scores big the next game. D. Miller needs to play well. He had 7 early points against OSU and didn't score again I don't think...I look for this to be another good game. Go CATS!

My hope is that NC doesn't defend well. On the other end it will take a Herculean effort by UK to stop them, I think. They are very big (Henson and Zeller) up front. I assume Jones will have to guard one of these bigs. Zeller has more moves than Sully. Liggins on Barnes? The keys: another outstanding defensive performance and Jones really stepping up (which unfortunately may be questionable).

What is UK's record this year against Teams who have already beaten them?

Knight had an off night against OSU. Normally when he has an off night, he comes back and scores big the next game. D. Miller needs to play well. He had 7 early points against OSU and didn't score again I don't think...I look for this to be another good game. Go CATS!

This year? 5-0

UConn - L on 11/24,

UNC - L on 12/4

UGA - L on 1/8, W on 1/29

Bama - L on 1/18

Ole Miss - L on 2/1, W on 3/11

Florida - L on 2/5, W on 2/26 and 3/13

Vandy - L on 2/12, W on 3/1

Ark - L on 2/23

So if they win the next two, they'll have avenged 6 of their 8 losses on the year.

This year? 5-0

UConn - L on 11/24,

UNC - L on 12/4

Bama - L on 1/18

Ark - L on 2/23

So if they win the next two, they'll have avenged 6 of their 8 losses on the year.

That was what I was thinking, but I am not a stat guy. I believe Cal being the master motivator uses that big time when preparing for these types of games. After Knight had the sub par game against Princeton, I told my dad he would score 30 vs WVU. I believe he goes off again with about 25 and UK pulls one out in the last minute of the game...

This year? 5-0

UConn - L on 11/24,

UNC - L on 12/4

Bama - L on 1/18

Ark - L on 2/23

Also beat Bama in the SEC tourney.

I hate to say it but I agreee on UNC winning this one. Like I have said before this thread is not about who we want to win. I hope that we are both wrong again.

Should U.K. lose, will people be calling for "elite 8 Cal""can't win a championship Cal" to be gone ? :lol:

I hope the refs let them play and don't call a lot of ticky-tack fouls. If they call it tight then Harrelson and Jones will probably be in early foul trouble, just like when they played at UNC in December. UK has to have those two in the game. Of course, this works both ways though. Jones and Miller need to draw UNC's bigs away from the basket and drive on them. We need fouls called then. :D

Also, they need to call the walks on Zeller. He shuffels his feet a lot on some of his moves. Most the time he gets by with it.

I worry about UNC's bigs hurting the Cats with lob dunks. They kill most teams over the top.

Let us pray.

Our Brandon knight, who art in lexvegas, bad mamma jamma be thy name. Thy victories come, thy will be won, on earth as it is in big blue heaven. Give us this day our final four and forgive us our turnovers, as we forgive those (sometimes) who do not love the big blue. and lead us not into next season but deliver us from Newark to Houston.

Amen