John Pelphrey Has Been Fired

Clyde

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He created just as much, if not more mess than he inherited. Took way too many high risk recruits and it ended up costing him down the road...

Was the picture taken w/ Goodwin the final nail in the coffin? With the talent coming back & coming in, I would have guessed Pelphrey had another year.

Was the picture taken w/ Goodwin the final nail in the coffin? With the talent coming back & coming in, I would have guessed Pelphrey had another year.

They were looking to get rid of him and the picture procure an easy way out...

If Tubby's hired at Arkansas, I predict around 20 wins and anywhere from 10 - 14 losses every year. I'm sure Arkansas fans will love his style of play!!!

Agreed! Plus he gets to stick it to Minnesota, they were not a great program when he arrived and has done well for them, and not some are complaining, UM will be back at the end of the Big 10 pack once again.

BUT, look at what UM did before Tubby got there, only won 9 games the year before he showed up! PLUS people need to look at the WINS! Not just the number of losses! Before Tubby went to UM the last time they had 20 wins was in 2004, and back to the 1999-2000 season they never won 20 games. Tubby has won 20,22,21 and 17 so far this year, BUT he has had some key injuries this year, the major one I beleive was his PG, if he didn't go down they win 20+ games this year too.

The loses per year before Tubby, going backwards are: 22,15,11,18,14,13,14, 16.

I think they are doing well under Tubby, a hard place to get kids to go as well!

BUT, look at what UM did before Tubby got there, only won 9 games the year before he showed up! PLUS people need to look at the WINS! Not just the number of losses! Before Tubby went to UM the last time they had 20 wins was in 2004, and back to the 1999-2000 season they never won 20 games. Tubby has won 20,22,21 and 17 so far this year, BUT he has had some key injuries this year, the major one I beleive was his PG, if he didn't go down they win 20+ games this year too.

The loses per year before Tubby, going backwards are: 22,15,11,18,14,13,14, 16.

I think they are doing well under Tubby, a hard place to get kids to go as well!

Don't go throwing around rational thought in here...

Yeah, rational thought always seems to be in short supply when Tubby gets discussed here ...
They always say that you never want to follow a legend (Pitino), you want to follow the guy who followed the legend. Err ok that was Billy, so bad example, but he had less pressure and lasted MUCH longer than he would have if he followed Pitino. BUT it it wasn't for Tubby's events we would not be where we are now, same with Billy, if he didn't do what he did wrong we would never have had Cal!

They always say that you never want to follow a legend (Pitino), you want to follow the guy who followed the legend. Err ok that was Billy, so bad example, but he had less pressure and lasted MUCH longer than he would have if he followed Pitino. BUT it it wasn't for Tubby's events we would not be where we are now, same with Billy, if he didn't do what he did wrong we would never have had Cal!

For what it's worth when it comes to Pelphrey he followed Stan Heath who followed Nolan Richardson (LEGEND). And it definitely didn't work out for him.

And I know you weren't necessarily talking of Arkansas, just showing how the theory played out in Fayetteville.