American Idol 2011

Clyde

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch american idol, I think it's crap. Mrs C does and I have to listen to her and her mother discuss it relentlessly. And, I listen to the people at work talk about it ad nausium. Three out of four despise Haley. The other 1/4 are blind to what makes so many dislike her and vote repeatedly for her, which has kept her on the show longer than most feel she deserves.

On a side note. There are a whole bunch of guys who need to turn in their man cards for caring so much about this crap, it's awful. Of course that's just my opinion.

I do not watch much television, but I have been watching American Idol for six seasons now. I watch it with my daughters and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I like the Ford Fusion, but thank GOD this show is over for the season! :lol:

This is the first season I have ever watched. I was ready for it all to be done! Steven Tyler had the best performance of the year.

I do not watch much television, but I have been watching American Idol for six seasons now. I watch it with my daughters and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I agree totally. I do not watch much tv at all. But that show has been a bright spot in my Wednesdays and Thursdays. I have especially enjoyed this season--from the judges to the wide variety of talent to the unique coaching from that music producer. I was thoroughly entertained, even if none of the contestants become superstars. Not ashamed to say that I will miss the show and look forward to next season.

I agree totally. I do not watch much tv at all. But that show has been a bright spot in my Wednesdays and Thursdays. I have especially enjoyed this season--from the judges to the wide variety of talent to the unique coaching from that music producer. I was thoroughly entertained, even if none of the contestants become superstars. Not ashamed to say that I will miss the show and look forward to next season.
Agreed! :thumb:

I always get bored as the season progresses. My favorite parts are the opening round auditions, and I can't wait for next season's opening to get here!

:thumb: I have watched some seasons but this year I just couldn't hang with it. Which is ironic because I think the talent this year was the best I have seen since watching the show. I love the auditions. Must see TV in our house. I think the one thing that rubs me wrong is the decision show each week and how they drag it out. It gets old.

Pia might have some success.

Maybe In a magazine as a model, her voice is very plain and unremarkable.

James will have the most.
He can sing anything, but he can't bring back 80's metal by himself...he needs to find something that will be relavent today...not sell out to pop. If James can stay modern he can be a star.

In country music it's all about getting the right song, very few hits are hits just based on who's singing them. If Scotty can write songs great, if not he'll have to rely other writers.

Taylor Swift isn't a star because she has the best voice, the best look or the best personality. She's a star because she writes almost all of her songs, they are about things a teenage girl knows about....aND GUESS WHAT TEENAGE GIRLS BUY THEM BY THE MILLIONS!

It's all about the song!

In country music it's all about getting the right song, very few hits are hits just based on who's singing them. If Scotty can write songs great, if not he'll have to rely other writers.

Taylor Swift isn't a star because she has the best voice, the best look or the best personality. She's a star because she writes almost all of her songs, they are about things a teenage girl knows about....aND GUESS WHAT TEENAGE GIRLS BUY THEM BY THE MILLIONS!

It's all about the song!

Great observations, especially the bolded.