American Idol 2011

Clyde

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I LOVE about this season are the judges. In past years, you had "minor" stars judging, like Paula and Kara, who felt the need to justify their existence by rambling on with long winded Dr. Phil type comments. The show was becoming more about how the judges were competing with each other with eloquent Hallmark card speeches after each performance.

With Megastars like JLo and Tyler, they don't have to prove anything to anyone with their words, they aren't trying to make the show about themselves. (Even though those stars are of course a huge viewing draw.)

This is the first year I have actually watched it from beginning and will continue to watch it until the end. The guys IMO are a bit better, more original.

Steven Tyler and JLo are too nice.

:thumb:

What I LOVE about this season are the judges. In past years, you had "minor" stars judging, like Paula and Kara, who felt the need to justify their existence by rambling on with long winded Dr. Phil type comments. The show was becoming more about how the judges were competing with each other with eloquent Hallmark card speeches after each performance.

With Megastars like JLo and Tyler, they don't have to prove anything to anyone with their words, they aren't trying to make the show about themselves. (Even though those stars are of course a huge viewing draw.)

:thumb:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really agree with both. This years overall talent imo is very good, no Carrie Underwoods but still very good. I like the judges this season as well, imo by far the best of all previous seasons. Tyler and J-Lo are by far better than Paula or Kara as well as Simon, he imo mad the thing about himself and Randy is far better. No Simon, no Paula,I am actually watching it all from the start.

I'm a big fan of Casey Abrams and Jacob Lusk for the guys and Pia Toscano for the girls.

Casey looks a lot older than 19.

Huge fan of them both as well. Especially Casey. Paul McDonald is another favorite. Lauren Alaina is my favorite for the girls.

Pia was by far the best last night.

I agree that Pia was amazing, and probably the strongest and most consistent. So much talent this season! I do think that if you are ranking the groups this season, the men's group is stronger than the women's group.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has been dead for a while, so here is my take.

Pia getting voted out is much more her fault than the failure of fans to vote. She sang ballads the first 4 weeks (even the judges told her she needs to start "performing". Then she sings a song last week that was virtually unheard of. Too bad, because she could really sing.

I like Casey. I was happy to see him get the save. But his facial expressions, particularly the scowl, has to go.

I cant stand Jacob Lusk. He switches back and forth from a male sounding voice to a female sounding vocal. Just weird! Then, his comment "If america does not vote for me, it is not because of my singing, but that they need to look in the mirror", was totally off mark. That was a terrible way to shame people into voting for you.

Stefano needs to go. He is just not good.

The young girls that are left are really good.

James needs to cut the Adam Lambert wannabe scream and just sing.

Most diverse group ever I think. Several have a chance to make it in the bigtime. Pia will be a superstar. She can sing and is hot. She should have won this show with ease!

Casey will also make it in country. He has such a great country voice. I just wonder how he will be different than guys before him that can hit that low note. He's a talent though. The one guy sounds like Rod Stewart!

Most diverse group ever I think. Several have a chance to make it in the bigtime. Pia will be a superstar. She can sing and is hot. She should have won this show with ease!

Casey will also make it in country. He has such a great country voice. I just wonder how he will be different than guys before him that can hit that low note. He's a talent though. The one guy sounds like Rod Stewart!

I think you mean Scotty as the one who will make it in country.

And I agree with you about the Rod Stewart guy...Paul McDonald I think his name is? Both are insanely talented.

I also like Haley Reinhart and Casey. IMO they have these four have the most original voices.

I'm not sure if any will be "stars" in the industry but I thoroughly enjoy the group.

I don't get the angst over Pia getting removed. If it were simply a singing contest we'd have opera singers winning it. It's an "entertainment" contest and Pia failed with her ballads. Super voice but lacks "it."