American Idol 2011

Clyde

I think it was a mistake voting off Pia. Stephano needs to go and maybe it's just me, but I can't stand Paul. He slurs words, whispers and just gives me the creeps. Oh, and can't sing a lick, IMO. The rest are extremely talented though. And yes, Jacob needs to go after that stupid statement. Pathetic.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a mistake voting off Pia. Stephano needs to go and maybe it's just me, but I can't stand Paul. He slurs words, whispers and just gives me the creeps. Oh, and can't sing a lick, IMO. The rest are extremely talented though. And yes, Jacob needs to go after that stupid statement. Pathetic.

I was shocked about Pia---at first. She is very talented and very beautiful. Then I started to think about why she maybe got the boot. I think maybe personality. IMO she did not/has not shown that "human side" that people connect. Perfect ballad after perfect ballad makes you admire her and and be amazed. But unlike many of the others, she did not show any flaws or weaknesses that make you want her to overcome and cheer about.

I agree that Stefano needs to go. He has some talent, but not enough. However, Stefano may be around for awhile--just because people see him really taking the advice and improving each week---like cheering for the underdog.

What I was really hoping for this season is a guy version of the Kelly Clarkson/Carrie Underwood break out superstar. The guy that has that complete package and rockets up to be a household name. Sure there have been several American Idol male winners who have been successful, but not the same way as Kelly and Carrie.

I haven't watched close enough to be a critic this season. However, I saw the clip of Pia's performance this past week and was a little surprised. She did not sound that good to me in last week's song. Maybe it was a bad week for her and that is why she got voted off? Had she been in the bottom any week before last week?

I think Pia got the boot because the ones who call into vote probably assumed she was "safe." So, they voted for their favorite.:idunno:

I told my wife that as well, I just can't imagine anyone thinking that she should have gone.

Another reason that I thought of is that I think that the majority of the voters are probably very young (teenage or just beyond) girls. Should that be the case teenage girls may vote for a good looking guy over others just bc.....well, they are teenage girls :D). I may be way off but I believe that the ladies vote more than guys do and probably a great majority of voters male or female are young.

Just a comment for the younger guys.....if you like to vote on looks (and I know that alot do, some of the young girls aren't the only ones) the where the heck were you:idunno::lol:??? Pia certainly isn't lacking any in the looks department.

I am with you, OR. Pia was my favorite. Her voice is a true gift. She could learn to have more of a stage presence, but you can't "teach" someone to sing like her.

:thumb:Maybe it just me being older but I believe that if you have great talent then all you have to do is sing. I want a pure voice/singer, not a butt shaking contest and imo Pia's voice is FAR above any of the others. Kind of like Martina McBride, all she does or has to do is stand there and sing

:thumb:Maybe it just me being older but I believe that if you have great talent then all you have to do is sing. I want a pure voice/singer, not a butt shaking contest and imo Pia's voice is FAR above any of the others. Kind of like Martina McBride, all she does or has to do is stand there and sing

I guess that I am old school, too, then. I remember one year going to a Dwight Yoakam concert. He was all over that stage and I really enjoyed his music. A month later, I went to see George Strait in concert. All he did was stand there and sing...and I was in total LOVE. His voice, the music of his band...that's all that I needed to be completely satisfied.

In concert she moves around quite a bit.

Randy/ Jo Lo were hot!

I don't know what one of those entertainment shows we had on but all on there were livid that Pia was voted off. They also mentioned and replayed the video when the decision was announced. Yes, all were very mad, Randy and J-Lo especially. I have to say that I would be willing to bet that they wished that they had that save back. I couldn't believe that they used it as early in the competition. Especially on who they used it on, guy with the beard, I can't think of the name right now. That imo was a waste.

btw.......Yes, J-lo is was and is very hot :D. Oh wait, you were talking about something else.