American Idol 2011

Clyde

For the record I am going on record saying that James will end up as the only one who will have sales success and that might be less than many expect. History shows that very few have a good run after AI.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record I am going on record saying that James will end up as the only one who will have sales success and that might be less than many expect. History shows that very few have a good run after AI.

For the record, I do agree that James will be a success but I think Scotty will be bigger just because there's more money to be made in the country music world than in the heavy metal world. I wish them all the best and wish I were in there shoes.

For the record, I do agree that James will be a success but I think Scotty will be bigger just because there's more money to be made in the country music world than in the heavy metal world. I wish them all the best and wish I were in there shoes.

No question there is more money and both of the youngsters benefitted greatly from the country music fans. However, it's an extremely overcrowded market. IMO neither of these kids bring anything that will differentiate them nor anything that is sustainable.

No question there is more money and both of the youngsters benefitted greatly from the country music fans. However, it's an extremely overcrowded market. IMO neither of these kids bring anything that will differentiate them nor anything that is sustainable.

They bring new, young and talented faces to country music world. IA has given them an advantage over others. Give them time to develop into the stars they will be and they will differentiate themselves and be stars. Both are very talented and I'm sure they will succeed.

They bring new, young and talented faces to country music world. IA has given them an advantage over others. Give them time to develop into the stars they will be and they will differentiate themselves and be stars. Both are very talented and I'm sure they will succeed.

AI gives them a temporary advantage. Nashville is filled with new, young, and talented faces.

Exaggeration.
Truth. :cool:

Glad America finally did the right thing and showed her to the curb. Now it's down to a hillbilly hoedown showdown! :thumb:

And that reaction is why a lot of us don't like Haley... She didn't seem like the most gracious of losers immediately after Lauren's name was announced.
Exactly. Most contestants are just upset. She was ticked off big time. I was surprised that she did finally go back up on stage with the two remaining contestants.

I just went back and watched James' farewell performance and Lauren wasn't crying in it. She had a sad facial expression and appeared to feel his pain while Haley was smiles and looked like she could care less. No one is bashing Haley, just stating our observations and opinions. However, I'm glad she is gone. The next American Idol will be someone who is gracious and grateful to have had this experience.
That's what I sensed in watching that moment as well.

Okay, so because Haley didn't hug Lauren and keep hugging her when her name wasn't called and because she didn't obnoxiously thank the judges for this opportunity constantly, she is ungrateful? Maybe she is competitive and wanted to win. I'm sure we all watch sports. Peoples express their losses and wins in different ways. I can see how you can say Jacob Lusk was arrogant and maybe even a tad ungrateful, but when you are talking about Haley, you are just digging.

I was surprised that she did finally go back up on stage with the two remaining contestants.

This proves my point. She has been in no way that arrogant where she would do something like this.

Okay, so because Haley didn't hug Lauren and keep hugging her when her name wasn't called and because she didn't obnoxiously thank the judges for this opportunity constantly, she is ungrateful? Maybe she is competitive and wanted to win. I'm sure we all watch sports. Peoples express their losses and wins in different ways. I can see how you can say Jacob Lusk was arrogant and maybe even a tad ungrateful, but when you are talking about Haley, you are just digging.
Why would we "dig" if we didn't perceive what we have described? Haley needed a knock down off her pedestal. Maybe this little dose of humility will serve her well.

Why would we "dig" if we didn't perceive what we have described? Haley needed a knock down off her pedestal. Maybe this little dose of humility will serve her well.

:thumb:

I have no reason to want to dislike Haley... I can't just look past the vibes she gives me just because she has nice legs and a little growl in her voice when she sings. Believe me, I've tried.

Correct. :thumb:

American "IDOL". That is the name of the show. America did not "idolize" Haley as much as Lauren and Scotty.

Yes it is a "singing" competition. (not talking and not thighs!) Haley is a very good performer. But IMO, she came across as a person who does not need people. It is a two way street with fans and performer. Haley did not appear to have the same kind of respect and appreciation for her fans the way that Lauren and Scotty have. Thus---more difficult for America to "IDOLIZE" Haley.

I would not exactly label that as arrogance--because that is a harsh word to use on a girl who has worked hard and has improved and entertained us week after week. More like aloof and disconnected. She was missing that special twinkle in her eyes that make you just want her to soar to the top!