American Idol 2011

Clyde

STUNNED!! Just learning all this now. Taped the show, did not realize the 2 hr part so missed the results in th second hour. WOW!! Just got finished watching the first half. Kept thinking how much I LOVE watching James perform anything---from Journey to his duet with Scotty!! I agree--why watch it now? Except that I do really like Lauren and Scotty.

What were the judges' reactions when James did not make the top 3?

You could tell they were shocked. J-Lo was crying, but I think it was due more to AI showing his auditions and talking about Turrets.

Edited by Birdsfan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was absolutely the WORST, most pathetic result in the history of American Idol!! :madman:

The only thing that makes it a little better, is the knowledge that James (like Chris Daughtery) will end up the biggest star of the bunch anyway.

The show won't be worth watching from this point forward. :irked: Haley (who was visibly smiling during James' farewell song) should have been sent packing.

You are absolutely correct. Sad really.

3 talented singers. Something about the two country singers leaves me saying "ehhh." Haley though has a unique sound and , thus, gets my vote.

Plus she has the best thighs in AI history.

BTW JLo gives off a cougar vibe when young Scotty is onstage.

Ha! Was kinda getting that feeling too. Kinda awkward since the kid is only 16. You could tell she felt like she maybe overstepped the boundaries a bit with the suggestion to shave his head again. After a little bit of ribbing from Randy, she quickly came back with the "I'm a married woman" line.

I still can't stand Haley. I think it's her attitude. Her pronunciation of words when she tries to sing softly is terrible. She should have been gone before James anyway. At least her Dad was a decent guitar player. I think Scotty was the most consistent performer last night (No mistakes), and I think Lauren is more marketable too, with much better tone. JMO.

Finally, Jacob goes home!!!

:ylsuper::ylsuper: He was on there waaaaay too long. I wamted to :puke: when he first started making his arrogant statements about if voted off that it certainly would'nt be bc he wasn't the best (or something like that).

Haley sees another week. Makes me happy :cool:
I agree, people have complained about her raspy voice and "screaming" and no one screamed as much as James or Casey. I realize heavy metal is alot of screaming but to put others down for screaming imo doesn't compare to those two. JMO and (you know that everyone has one :D)------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't posted since Pia left and actually went back on my word on not watching the rest of Idol after Pia got voted out. I am pleased and agree with the remaing three. All are great and will have sucsessful carrers imo, as will Pia, James and a couple of others. Right now I couldn't argue with any of the three that are in the final. I am pulling for Scottie and Haley but like I said, I really like all three alot. I will approve of whover comes in 2nd,3rd and 4th. Pia was #1 :D

I can't get past Haley's arrogant attitude. She is by far the least gracious of the three to be where they are. She's too fake for me. Scotty was the best last night and I hope he or Lauren wins it.

Edited by Birdsfan

I can't get pasted Haley's arrogant attitude. She is by far the least gracious of the three to be where they are. She's to fake for me. Scotty was the best last night and I hope he or Lauren wins it.

I've never noticed arrogance. She didn't like some of the opinions but I don't think it's a requirement to do so.

Secondly, wouldn't she only be "fake" if she acted like all was hunky dory even though she didn't like it?

In a world of sound-alike country-dominated musicians she's a breath of fresh air musically.