Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When Do Officials Become Responsible?

Featured Replies

Flash...0.6... 10/5/2 (0.6 the WVA player or Preston got no advantage by calling the foul at 0.6 seconds to go) I'd call it everytime, and like I posted after seeing it the paper I said I was wrong. As a ref you have to call the game as you see it and that includes all the factors.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When your Rutgers playing St. Johns at MSG in the bEAST tournament. Wow. :scared:

There was at least 1.7 seconds left in that game. Terrible job by the refs.

 

They just kind of gave up at the end of that one, seemed like no one in the building had a clue about how much time was left in the game. I thought a foul could have been called on the inbound, there was a lot of contact when the guy went up to get the ball. Then after St. Johns stole the ball it was like it was game over. With it only being a two point game and with the Johnnies missing free throws already most refs would have been looking for Rutgers to get one last foul in. Obviously wasn't paying attention to anything that happened after that because it should have been Rutgers ball around half court with almost two whole seconds left. Strange sequence of events there at the end.

The Rutgers ending is what makes people wonder about corrupt officials. There were at least 3 blown calls against Rutgers in the last 15 seconds.

I have seen plenty of terrible calls, and badly officiated games over the years. The guys calling the major college conferences are usually the best at their trade though, and if you get rid of them you will more than likely just end up with worse officials.

 

I agree with you for the majority of officials; however, there are MANY officials who should be forced to either retire or work lesser games. Tim Higgins is one guy who immediately comes to mind.

 

The game has simply passed some people by...

  • Author

Today's game is a perfect example of what I was talking about... Unbelievable. Rutgers was absolutely robbed at the end.

I agree with you for the majority of officials; however, there are MANY officials who should be forced to either retire or work lesser games. Tim Higgins is one guy who immediately comes to mind.

 

The game has simply passed some people by...

 

Tim was involved today...

Today's game is a perfect example of what I was talking about... Unbelievable. Rutgers was absolutely robbed at the end.

 

Blown calls happen but those officals should be fired. Probably the worst 6 seconds of officiating I have ever seen at the end.

Tim was involved today...

 

Higgins or Donaghy?

Wow. I just saw the ending to that game. Those 3 officials should be done for at least the rest of the year, if not longer.

Wow. I just saw the ending to that game. Those 3 officials should be done for at least the rest of the year, if not longer.

 

I will go out on a limb and say we see all three of those guys in the NCAA tournament. I don't think they should be, but I think they will be.

I will go out on a limb and say we see all three of those guys in the NCAA tournament. I don't think they should be, but I think they will be.

 

I would say you are correct, unfortunately.

I agree with you for the majority of officials; however, there are MANY officials who should be forced to either retire or work lesser games. Tim Higgins is one guy who immediately comes to mind.

 

The game has simply passed some people by...

 

Tim was involved today...

 

I made my comment about Higgins before I knew that he was involved in the Rutgers controversy. HE IS HORRIBLE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.