Where did you go on your honeymoon?

Zoot Soup

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to Ciboney, a resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. But since then, we have made two trips to Secrets Maroma Beach in Playa Del Carmen, MX. It's an adult-only all inclusive and I HIGHLY recommend it!

That is a very cool place! We got a "work/business" opportunity to go there about 7 years ago. I kept pinching myself because it was like a dream! But we had to wake up after 4 days of paradise.

I'm not telling, but I'll wager you can figure it out.

:laugh::laugh: I just saw this thread and was thinking the same thing.

Now for the original question, we went to Cumberland Falls near Corbin,Ky. for the weekend and then to Gatlinburg,TN.

Ireland. In November. It was awesome.

Flew into Shannon. Stayed at Dromoland Castle for a bit. Drove to Galway, saw the Cliffs of Moher and several other places along the way. Went out to the islands, drove around the north for a bit, then down to Cork. Blarney Castle. Down to Kinsale, the finest little town in the world noone has ever heard of. Killarney. Ring of Kerry. Got the car stuck in the mud in the middle of nowhere and in the middle of a squall, and had a couple of farmers pull us out, though they wewre grumpy because the Cork County CUp finals was on. Met the Baker of Croom and his wife, got drunk with them both. Never touched Dublin or anywhere east, but loved every minute of it. Would go back in a heartbeat.

We took 2 days to drive to St. Petersburg. Stayed in a condo on the beach for 5 days. Then went to Orlando for 2 days. Came home. Along the way we did the St. Pete things, spent half a day at Boardwalk Baseball and then 2 days at Disney World.

Sad but true: I had never been to the beach or ocean or Disney World until my honeymoon. (We never took family vacations. Mom and Dad used to drop us with relatives and go follow the Cats on the Tournament Trail. The older I've become, the wiser they have seemed.)