Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Freshman Brandon Hatton break the state scoring record?

Featured Replies

Brandon will not ever be 19 years old and play high school basketball. Bringing up kids academic situations is questionable at best. You are talking about a 15 year old who just scored his 1000th career point just say congratulations or nothing at all. I will never understand what people get out of demeaning someone elses accomplishments.

 

I am not demeaning the kid, he deserves the attention he is getting, just asking a question on the rule. Kids that are held back do have an advantage at his age group IMO which may be right or wrong I don't know but it is MO. I give the kid all the credit for working hard to get where he is today and I do wish him luck in the future.. You have you opinion and I have mine, do you know the rule???

  • Replies 78
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His age is fine...not to worry.

 

Clearly the young man is older than 99.9% of his freshmen classmates but it takes nothing away from his basketball abilities. Indeed he is an outstanding player!

 

Now a couple of question about Hatton and Pike:

 

If Pike accepts a D1 scholarship to play QB at a major D1 school and it sure looks like he will do it, will he play basketball or even stay at Dixie after the football season? Now days a lot of D1 programs are asking their young stars to think about leaving their HS (if he has the credits to do so) and enroll at that D1 school so they have a jump on the next season of Football! As a college student they can attend any and all events that any other student member of the football team could and it could give him a jump start on his chosen career!

 

Would it be in the best interest of Hatton to stay in NKy and continue to play basketball or would it be better for him to attend a top notch basketball school where he could develop his already outstanding game. Playing Lloyd, Villa and Ludlow twice maybe even three times a season doesn't help him at all.

 

No agenda at all in asking these questions, just wondering what these young men families are thinking about for the future of their kids!

I am not demeaning the kid, he deserves the attention he is getting, just asking a question on the rule. Kids that are held back do have an advantage at his age group IMO which may be right or wrong I don't know but it is MO. I give the kid all the credit for working hard to get where he is today and I do wish him luck in the future.. You have you opinion and I have mine, do you know the rule???

 

As long as you are not 19 before August 1st you can play sports, you can play as many years varsity as you are good enough in all sports accept football, wrestling and soccer because they are considered contact sports. I respect your opinion but what advantage does he have over other 15 year olds, the only one I can think of is he may be better at basketball than them.

Clyde: "Ervin and his stats should have been second to Dicky Beal that year for Mr. Basketball."

 

Amen, brother. Dicky went on to be the Most Outstanding Player of the Mideast Regional for UK..... Ervin was the second best member of his family to play at EKU and didn't last at EKU. Talent levels weren't even comparable. Taht was one of the few times a UK signee didn't get Mr. Baseketball.

I am not demeaning the kid, he deserves the attention he is getting, just asking a question on the rule. Kids that are held back do have an advantage at his age group IMO which may be right or wrong I don't know but it is MO. I give the kid all the credit for working hard to get where he is today and I do wish him luck in the future.. You have you opinion and I have mine, do you know the rule???

 

He probably would have had an advantage at his own age group if he had ever played with his own age group, but he never did/has. His AAU team was even playing in older divisions 90% of the time and they were very successful against them. This kid is just a special talent, period. If he was beating up on freshman while playing freshman ball, then you might have a point, but that has never been the case with Brandon. As far as the rule goes, if you do not turn 19 prior to 8/1 of your senior year you are deemed eligible. Brandon will not even be close to that. Great kid, great player.

Amen, brother. Dicky went on to be the Most Outstanding Player of the Mideast Regional for UK..... Ervin was the second best member of his family to play at EKU and didn't last at EKU. Talent levels weren't even comparable. Taht was one of the few times a UK signee didn't get Mr. Baseketball.

Is this kid a high major D1 talent?

 

Being recruited heavily so far by Xavier, Florida State, Texas and others.

Look for Pike and Hatton to be on the hardwood at Dixie Heights next season.

Oh, and it's my understanding that Dixie has been invited to play in a big tournament in New York next season over Christmas break.

 

Talk about some good exposure.

I've yet to see him play but I know he's averaging about 30 per game against my Neers. From the pictures I've seen he looks stout with a very mature physique. Does he have the ball handling skills to play PG at the next level if he doesn't grow a few inches? 6'0" shooting guards are pretty rare at the D1 level.

 

I dont know why everyone insists that the kid is 6' tall. Im about 6-6'1" and he is about an inch taller than me. Anyone that has seen the kid play should know he is about 6'1"-6'2". At the BOK Center Thursday when they announced his name they announced he was 6'2".

I dont know why everyone insists that the kid is 6' tall. Im about 6-6'1" and he is about an inch taller than me. Anyone that has seen the kid play should know he is about 6'1"-6'2". At the BOK Center Thursday when they announced his name they announced he was 6'2".

 

You must not be 6'1 i see Brandon daily and see almost all of his games he is nowhere near 6'1.He is 5'11 at best 6'0 Zack is more around 5'10 with decent handles.

You must not be 6'1 i see Brandon daily and see almost all of his games he is nowhere near 6'1.He is 5'11 at best 6'0 Zack is more around 5'10 with decent handles.

 

Brandon is roughly 6'1".

While it makes for fascinating discussion Hatton's height will not be a factor when colleges are making their decision as to whether he gets an offer or not.

While it makes for fascinating discussion Hatton's height will not be a factor when colleges are making their decision as to whether he gets an offer or not.

 

First time seeing him tonight and I came away impressed. He has a beautiful stroke and like you've said previously, when he shoots he always seems to square up with the hoop. With that being said he doesn't seem to be overly athletic, and there aren't a bunch of 6'1" SGs at the next level. Not saying he can't or won't be a D1 signee but his height would seem to limit his chance at a major D1 scholarship. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.