Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Freshman Brandon Hatton break the state scoring record?

Featured Replies

First time seeing him tonight and I came away impressed. He has a beautiful stroke and like you've said previously, when he shoots he always seems to square up with the hoop. With that being said he doesn't seem to be overly athletic, and there aren't a bunch of 6'1" SGs at the next level. Not saying he can't or won't be a D1 signee but his height would seem to limit his chance at a major D1 scholarship. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

 

I think his height is a non-factor. The question coaches will have to answer for themselves revolves around quickness. Can he get away and can he guard? I don't see him as a PG. I think colleges will look at him as a 2. X's 2 is 6'0 tall.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his height is a non-factor. The question coaches will have to answer for themselves revolves around quickness. Can he get away and can he guard? I don't see him as a PG. I think colleges will look at him as a 2. X's 2 is 6'0 tall.

 

Lyons is explosive and very athletic, that is a huge difference.

You must not be 6'1 i see Brandon daily and see almost all of his games he is nowhere near 6'1.He is 5'11 at best 6'0 Zack is more around 5'10 with decent handles.

 

As Clyde stated Bran's height is not going to be a factor when colleges will be recruiting him with continued success. However, Hatton was at the doctors last week and was measured at 6'2. I do see him daily and that height is pretty accurate. His father is 6'1 and he has surpassed him. As far as Zach McCormicks height he was 5'10 over the summer. I just saw him a few weeks ago at a Dixie home game and he is as tall if not taller than Hatton. He has taken a major growth spurt. Again none of this will be a factor in whatever recruiting is done or as to how many points he will score through out his high school career.

[/b]

 

Lyons is explosive and very athletic, that is a huge difference.

 

Right. That's why I said height is not a factor. Athletic ability is.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.