Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Freshman Brandon Hatton break the state scoring record?

Featured Replies

I think he will get 4400 he already has a 1000 as a freshman that should be easy for him he is a scoring machine!

  • Replies 78
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I'm hearing Goose Cohorn will be playing the PG position next year

Has he scored all his points as a freshman, or did he play some as a 7th or 8th grader? And, if so, how much?

 

I believe they said he had 61 his 7th grade year and maybe 200 or 300 his 8th grade year.

From what I'm hearing Goose Cohorn will be playing the PG position next year

 

Goose or Hassel.

It was unfortunate that they were making the announcement last night while the band was playing and you couldn't hear a thing. Terrible timing.

Not sure what Dixie has coming back at the PG position so will Hatton have to move to PG next year? Playing PG changes the dynamic of your ability to score especially if you are playing on a good team with other scoring options.

 

I don't see him playing the point, all though that is an option. Cohorn or Hassel will be blended into that position imo.

Cohorn is away from the team somewhat during the summer for football visits from what i hear. I know Hassel is with the team all summer. Maybe that plays a part in Chevy's decision. Walter maybe you know more than I do. Either way, it's hard to replace Trammell, and it does move a couple players around. Either Goose or Evans starts. I would think that Hatton stays at the 2 guard for sure.

Cohorn is away from the team somewhat during the summer for football visits from what i hear. I know Hassel is with the team all summer. Maybe that plays a part in Chevy's decision. Walter maybe you know more than I do. Either way, it's hard to replace Trammell, and it does move a couple players around. Either Goose or Evans starts. I would think that Hatton stays at the 2 guard for sure.

 

Hassel will likely be the guy next year at the point. Dixie will be really good again, but Trammel will be missed tremendously and people will realize just how good he made them, despite not averaging a ton of points every game.

 

I'd look more for a "pg by committee" approach by Chevy than actually using one guy and one guy only. Cohorn, Hassel, and Hatton will all rotate at bringing the ball up.

Please someone inform us what his size is, what postion he plays and any other outstanding physical characteristics he has (besides, I assume, being a very good shooter). Also, will he have help around him the next 3 years or if not, is he the kind of player who can score regardless of the quality of his mates?

Please someone inform us what his size is, what postion he plays and any other outstanding physical characteristics he has (besides, I assume, being a very good shooter). Also, will he have help around him the next 3 years or if not, is he the kind of player who can score regardless of the quality of his mates?

 

Hatton is around 6'0, plays guard, and is very physically mature for his age and grade. He has been lighting up the opposition for years on the AAU circuit playing for the NKY TarHeels and even led them to a top 8 finish in last years' summer nationals.

 

Obviously he is a great shooter, but the thing that sticks out to me most about his game is he doesn't force anything and has great body control. Rarely do you see him take an off balanced shot and he is very strong at finishing through contact. Also has great elevation on his jump shot which allows him to shoot over bigger defenders.

 

Chris Mack of Xavier really likes him and has been a couple times to see him in games. I believe he was last seen scouting Hatton at the Dixie/Boone game.

Hatton is around 6'0, plays guard, and is very physically mature for his age and grade. He has been lighting up the opposition for years on the AAU circuit playing for the NKY TarHeels and even led them to a top 8 finish in last years' summer nationals.

 

Obviously he is a great shooter, but the thing that sticks out to me most about his game is he doesn't force anything and has great body control. Rarely do you see him take an off balanced shot and he is very strong at finishing through contact. Also has great elevation on his jump shot which allows him to shoot over bigger defenders.

 

Chris Mack of Xavier really likes him and has been a couple times to see him in games. I believe he was last seen scouting Hatton at the Dixie/Boone game.

 

Thank you. I knew nothing about the young man. Good luck to him.

Chris Mack of Xavier really likes him and has been a couple times to see him in games. I believe he was last seen scouting Hatton at the Dixie/Boone game.

 

Close. It was Dixie/CCH.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.