Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Freshman Brandon Hatton break the state scoring record?

Featured Replies

I've yet to see him play but I know he's averaging about 30 per game against my Neers. From the pictures I've seen he looks stout with a very mature physique. Does he have the ball handling skills to play PG at the next level if he doesn't grow a few inches? 6'0" shooting guards are pretty rare at the D1 level.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No....and you guys are assuming Hatton stays in KY all 4yrs.

 

What would his next destination be?

I've yet to see him play but I know he's averaging about 30 per game against my Neers. From the pictures I've seen he looks stout with a very mature physique. Does he have the ball handling skills to play PG at the next level if he doesn't grow a few inches? 6'0" shooting guards are pretty rare at the D1 level.

 

IMO he will be a 2 guard and not a PG if he plays D1. His handle is solid but not at that level. However, he has 3 years to make it better.

he will probably score between 2500-3000. that is huge! He is a very skilled player. If he has d1 goals he will have to improve a lot.

  • Author
Hassel will likely be the guy next year at the point. Dixie will be really good again, but Trammel will be missed tremendously and people will realize just how good he made them, despite not averaging a ton of points every game.

 

I'd look more for a "pg by committee" approach by Chevy than actually using one guy and one guy only. Cohorn, Hassel, and Hatton will all rotate at bringing the ball up.

 

Don't be surprised if a 6'1 PG from Wilmington, OH enrolls at Dixie at some point. The kid is a freshman, plays with the Tar Heels in the summer, and I believe avg 16 a game this year for his Varsity team. The kid has a greart handle and excellent 3pt range. His name is Zach McCormick.

Don't be surprised if a 6'1 PG from Wilmington, OH enrolls at Dixie at some point. The kid is a freshman, plays with the Tar Heels in the summer, and I believe avg 16 a game this year for his Varsity team. The kid has a greart handle and excellent 3pt range. His name is Zach McCormick.

 

I , too, have heard this.

  • Author
I , too, have heard this.

 

Also heard the mother is looking at a certain school on Memorial Pkwy. Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part.

Also heard the mother is looking at a certain school on Memorial Pkwy. Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part.

 

Why, does he play football?

Ervin and his stats should have been second to Dicky Beal that year for Mr. Basketball.

 

Totally agree with you :thumb: ...Beal was by far the best player in the state in 1980

Hatton will not break the state record. He is a good ball player but let's not give him all the records just yet. Watched him play a couple times and he can play but I believe he was held back at least one year as it seems to happen quiet a bit. (holding kids back). I believe kids should be allowed to play up but not back. How old is he and what is the rule on the number of years you can play varisty ball and age limit. I thought it was 5 years and could not turn 19 before the season started. Not sure so I'm asking. I will be watching him the next copule of years and wish him all the luck. Records are made to be broken!!!!!!!!

Hatton will not break the state record. He is a good ball player but let's not give him all the records just yet. Watched him play a couple times and he can play but I believe he was held back at least one year as it seems to happen quiet a bit. (holding kids back). I believe kids should be allowed to play up but not back. How old is he and what is the rule on the number of years you can play varisty ball and age limit. I thought it was 5 years and could not turn 19 before the season started. Not sure so I'm asking. I will be watching him the next copule of years and wish him all the luck. Records are made to be broken!!!!!!!!

 

His age is fine...not to worry.

I turned to my 8th grade son late in the game on Thursday and said -- 3 years from now when you are a Junior you may get a chance to guard Hatton in a tournament like this. He rolled his eyes and said are you serious.

 

Think about it-- many of the boys trying to defend Brandon when he is a senior just finished playing in the freshman and middle school tournaments.

 

Brandon may average over 30 per game but the state record is still safe.

Hatton will not break the state record. He is a good ball player but let's not give him all the records just yet. Watched him play a couple times and he can play but I believe he was held back at least one year as it seems to happen quiet a bit. (holding kids back). I believe kids should be allowed to play up but not back. How old is he and what is the rule on the number of years you can play varisty ball and age limit. I thought it was 5 years and could not turn 19 before the season started. Not sure so I'm asking. I will be watching him the next copule of years and wish him all the luck. Records are made to be broken!!!!!!!!

 

Brandon will not ever be 19 years old and play high school basketball. Bringing up kids academic situations is questionable at best. You are talking about a 15 year old who just scored his 1000th career point just say congratulations or nothing at all. I will never understand what people get out of demeaning someone elses accomplishments.

i don't think he's demening someone accomplishment. I think he's asking a question that others are probably wondering about as well. I don't understand why someone makes a statement or ask a question, ti turns into bashing or putting down an individual. I think it's a fair question, I dont' think the post was to bring up a kids academic situation, maybe it done for the purpose athletic reasons like a teammate whom he is playing with..........

 

Brandon will not ever be 19 years old and play high school basketball. Bringing up kids academic situations is questionable at best. You are talking about a 15 year old who just scored his 1000th career point just say congratulations or nothing at all. I will never understand what people get out of demeaning someone elses accomplishments.
i don't think he's demening someone accomplishment. I think he's asking a question that others are probably wondering about as well. I don't understand why someone makes a statement or ask a question, ti turns into bashing or putting down an individual. I think it's a fair question, I dont' think the post was to bring up a kids academic situation, maybe it done for the purpose athletic reasons like a teammate whom he is playing with..........

 

I don't know if he was held back or not nor do I care. That is a decision his parents and educators would have made in his best interest, he is a KID and when people bring this up I think it is garbage. As I said he will be 18 when he plays his senior year there are plenty of 18 year old seniors, the only advantage he will have is that he was good enough to play varsity basketball when he was 13 and others may not have been. As for the original post he didn't ask a question about Brandon himself he said "Watched him play a couple times and he can play but I believe he was held back at least one year" to me this was demeaning his accomplishment because his parents and educators may or may not have made that decision for him. I don't know how anyone would know why any kid was held back unless they helped make that decision. For the record I do not see Brandon scoring over 3300 points in the next 3 years so I don't think it will matter how many years he played.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.