Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 76 Florida 68

Featured Replies

Here comes this crap again from you. Where were you on the last thread, when I begged you to back up your claim on there.....????? I put my BGP membership on the line and you still couldn't find anything or even respond. Unless you have an axe to grind with me, this is getting ridiculous and pathetic my friend. Going after a UK fan that is neutral when it comes to other teams is quite odd to say the least........

 

And yeah to be honest Miller is still a waste, one good game does not a consistent player make in my book. And I'll never believe that Harrelson is anything more than barely serviceable. I root for them to succeed because they play for UK, but I have to call them like I see them.

 

The bolded part is really interesting to me with you saying that. So you say its annoying, and kind of dumb for one person to keep having comments about yours on a subject? There really is no point is there? I know I seem to remember another person doing that to me last year, during the football off season. Which just kept going on because you said it was fun to do, even though you had nothing to back it up. So maybe he is just doing the samething to you, so don't get mad about it when you do the same thing. :D

 

Which by the way we are all UK fans I believe, so lets all be happy with a GREAT win today! :D

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here comes this crap again from you. Where were you on the last thread, when I begged you to back up your claim on there.....????? I put my BGP membership on the line and you still couldn't find anything or even respond. Unless you have an axe to grind with me, this is getting ridiculous and pathetic my friend. Going after a UK fan that is neutral when it comes to other teams is quite odd to say the least........

 

And yeah to be honest Miller is still a waste, one good game does not a consistent player make in my book. And I'll never believe that Harrelson is anything more than barely serviceable. I root for them to succeed because they play for

UK, but I have to call them like I see them.

 

I really don't think the axe is with you.....I think it's the UK fans in general. Maybe him/her just doesn't like UK.....I'm starting to get use to him/her....Sometimes you just have block him/her out when you post. Just rethink your post in the future so this him/her doesn't come back and prey on your mistakes....If there is even a mistake! Maybe this will help and maybe it won't!!!

So Miller isn't a "waste" anymore? Harrelson isn't "awful?"

 

Only you would go there...

 

It's a perfect example of how passionate fans should NOT post immediately after a loss. All perspective is lost.

 

Cats just had the post that caught my attention. He represents many.

The bolded part is really interesting to me with you saying that. So you say its annoying, and kind of dumb for one person to keep having comments about yours on a subject? There really is no point is there? I know I seem to remember another person doing that to me last year, during the football off season. Which just kept going on because you said it was fun to do, even though you had nothing to back it up. So maybe he is just doing the samething to you, so don't get mad about it when you do the same thing. :D

 

Which by the way we are all UK fans I believe, so lets all be happy with a GREAT win today! :D

 

Except there is one huge difference. Me and you had a bet going on, we had some background conversation about the subject. Clyde just sent a smart remark at me and that was one of the few really outspoken things I've said about UK. It's totally different, because it came out of left field.

 

Sorry FC, you've jumped to conclusions here that don't exist. I give you grief because I know and you know you're a Carson Palmer homer. Clyde has no idea how I feel about UK if he just goes off of one post.

 

The quote he used worked. All he said was calling someone a waste and another player awful is why some people think negatively of UK fans.

 

No, no, no it does SSC. The quote he used was the quote in question. I asked, beg, and pleaded for him to find another. Just one more, in my history of using this site. He either couldn't do it or was way too lazy to go back and look and find out.

 

It's a perfect example of how passionate fans should NOT post immediately after a loss. All perspective is lost.

 

Cats just had the post that caught my attention. He represents many.

 

My perspective was not lost, this is just how I feel about this UK team: Darius Miller plays one good game out of 5, or at least has for most of his career. Josh Harrelson plays hard but is one of the least skilled big men in the country that play for a ranked team. Brandon Knight is a 2 trapped in a 1's body. Terrance Jones plays selfish. Which part of this is wrong Clyde? Please enlighten me because this is what I see when I watch UK. Maybe you don't see them that way but don't say I've lost perspective because I posted my perspective on this year's team. They won yesterday but they still make me sick to watch and it's not about wins and losses because I can support a loser or average team (Miami). Last year's team had twice the talent which is nice, but they had ten times the heart that this team does IMO. I thought even Billy Clyde's teams played harder. But I'll admit maybe that's just Jones rubbing off on me.

I would say 11ppg, 5rpg, 85% from the foul line and 45% from the 3 pt line is hardly a waste, but some people can't be pleased. By the way, over the last four games Darius is averaging 18ppg, 5.5rpg, 2.5bpg. So,

I would say he has had more than 1 good game.

 

What we've seen out of Darius in 3 out of the last 4 games is why I call him a waste. I don't think he plays to his potential most of the time. I don't think he'll keep it up. I want him to. I hope he does. But I won't believe it until I see it. IMO he's the most frustrating player I can remember playing here for 3 or more years because he has the talent to be an extremely productive player but I think he'd be happier being a guy with a limited role. JMO

 

I really don't think the axe is with you.....I think it's the UK fans in general. Maybe him/her just doesn't like UK.....I'm starting to get use to him/her....Sometimes you just have block him/her out when you post. Just rethink your post in the future so this him/her doesn't come back and prey on your mistakes....If there is even a mistake! Maybe this will help and maybe it won't!!!

 

I'm not going to re-think my post because what I posted has built up over the entire season. It was not a reaction to one game or one loss. I've felt that way after just as many wins as losses this year. Yesterday UK played about as well as they could, they played smart, played team ball and played hard. I don't trust this team to continue that.

Great atmosphere, big win for the Cats. They seemed to stay focused and played harder too. We had a blast at the game. The offense/defense sub Coach Cal did late in the 1st half with Lamb and Hood worked real well. Even Knight said the quick breathers helped him out. He had 0 turnovers. I still think Jones is a mess, but oh well, and good win. Thanks to Mr. Miller !

If all games were played at Rupp this for sure would be a Final Four team.

 

Now if we could just convince the NCAA to move all U.K. games in the tournament to Rupp. :clap:

I agree Cats. I think this is the best game I have seen UK play this year. Offensively, I wouldn't say it was patience but aggressive and smart that impressed me. They kept attacking and they took the right shot all day. There are very few bad shots I can remember them taking today. I like the energy they played with throughout, especially when Florida came at them really hard from about the 16 minute mark to the 12 minute mark in the second half. I also like Cal using the bench a little more today, especially Vargas. Just play Vargas and Hood 5-7 minutes and that will be all you need to keep the top six fresh. Very nice and needed win today.
I definately agree as well, Florida has been playing well and imo U.K. had their best game all season in shutting them down.

Miller is a modern day Richard Madison, although I do like what I've seen lately.

 

I had Harralson pegged as a Tom Heitz-type early last year but he is turning into a Nazr Mohammed and flourishing late in his career. He is a very serviceable center and anyone who expects more is mistaken.

 

A win at Tennessee would really boost their confidence of playing on the road by the time the SEC Tourney rolls around.

This win was a good one for sure but what UK does in the next two and if they can duplicate this effort will tell us how high our hopes can be for the post season. The Wildcats need to repeat this game and effort against Vandy and Tennessee. This game has me optimistic about UK making some noise in the tourney for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Harrelson has become one of my favorite players ever. He was thinking of transfering to NKU last year because he didn't know if he fit in Cal's plans. Now he gives everything he can every second for the good of the team.

Why can't UK play like that every game. Coach Cal messed up big time when they let the shot clock run out when Knight had the ball I couldn't believe they didn't call a time out or something.

Harrelson has become one of my favorite players ever. Now he gives everything he can every second for the good of the team.
I can't personally say favorite ever but he is by far my favorite on this team just for the reasons you list. Should every man on this team put out the effort/hustle that he does in every game then we would be a far better basketball team.
I can't personally say favorite ever but he is by far my favorite on this team just for the reasons you list. Should every man on this team put out the effort/hustle that he does in every game then we would be a far better basketball team.

 

Agreed. It's easy to fall in love with the stars, but this guys is far from a star. He is the least athletic kid on the floor every game but he gets in great position to rebound and he works so hard.

Except there is one huge difference. Me and you had a bet going on, we had some background conversation about the subject. Clyde just sent a smart remark at me and that was one of the few really outspoken things I've said about UK. It's totally different, because it came out of left field.

 

Sorry FC, you've jumped to conclusions here that don't exist. I give you grief because I know and you know you're a Carson Palmer homer. Clyde has no idea how I feel about UK if he just goes off of one post.

 

 

 

No, no, no it does SSC. The quote he used was the quote in question. I asked, beg, and pleaded for him to find another. Just one more, in my history of using this site. He either couldn't do it or was way too lazy to go back and look and find out.

 

 

 

My perspective was not lost, this is just how I feel about this UK team: Darius Miller plays one good game out of 5, or at least has for most of his career. Josh Harrelson plays hard but is one of the least skilled big men in the country that play for a ranked team. Brandon Knight is a 2 trapped in a 1's body. Terrance Jones plays selfish. Which part of this is wrong Clyde? Please enlighten me because this is what I see when I watch UK. Maybe you don't see them that way but don't say I've lost perspective because I posted my perspective on this year's team. They won yesterday but they still make me sick to watch and it's not about wins and losses because I can support a loser or average team (Miami). Last year's team had twice the talent which is nice, but they had ten times the heart that this team does IMO. I thought even Billy Clyde's teams played harder. But I'll admit maybe that's just Jones rubbing off on me.

 

Actually there is no huge difference. What led to us making that bet? It was you having stuff to say on everyone on my post about the Bengals and Palmer last off season. That is what finally led to the bet. You just now have someone doing it to you, and apparently you can't handle it. I just found it ironic to hear your last post and getting upset at him, when you have done the same thing. Hopefully maybe now you see how pointless it is, to just keep saying the same stuff with nothing to back up your claims. Which by the way I do agree with you on this, I just found it funny.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.