Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 76 Florida 68

Featured Replies

As impressed as I was with Miller, I was even more so with Knight's passing ability. He was making some high level dishes while driving to the rim. I think he's really starting to come into his own as a PG. Great game for the Cats!!

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually there is no huge difference. What led to us making that bet? It was you having stuff to say on everyone on my post about the Bengals and Palmer last off season. That is what finally led to the bet. You just now have someone doing it to you, and apparently you can't handle it. I just found it ironic to hear your last post and getting upset at him, when you have done the same thing. Hopefully maybe now you see how pointless it is, to just keep saying the same stuff with nothing to back up your claims. Which by the way I do agree with you on this, I just found it funny.

 

It's totally different in my book. I take alot of crap on here (just like anyone else), and for the most part take it in stride. But I do not accept being linked to the crazy UK fans because for the most part I do not think I fall under that category. You've never seen me complain about refs on here, never seen me slam Cal or BCG (both of whom I've always liked), but you will find me being brutally honest about how I feel.

 

Me and you started our Palmer argument because we had different view points, but I did not start out with the intent of targeting you. It became fun after a while (and eventually pretty lame), but it's not like I began with a dig at you. If I was blamed for being a disillustioned Miami fan or Cavs fan (the last few years) I would have no argument. But I will not be linked to the crazy, never satisfied, unbearable UK fans that we all know. You are a Palmer fan are you not? I'm not a UK crazy fan. There is the difference to me as well.

Here comes this crap again from you. Where were you on the last thread, when I begged you to back up your claim on there.....????? I put my BGP membership on the line and you still couldn't find anything or even respond. Unless you have an axe to grind with me, this is getting ridiculous and pathetic my friend. Going after a UK fan that is neutral when it comes to other teams is quite odd to say the least........

 

And yeah to be honest Miller is still a waste, one good game does not a consistent player make in my book. And I'll never believe that Harrelson is anything more than barely serviceable. I root for them to succeed because they play for UK, but I have to call them like I see them.

 

If you truly believe that Miller is a waste and that Harrellson is awful then I'll apologize. I think you're wrong but if you TRULY believe that then I apologize.

 

You're absolutely wrong though.

Cats you destroyed 3 of the 6 guys that play for UK right after a tough loss. All he said was this is why people talk about UK fans. Why destroy Harrelson? Why kill Miller? It was wrong.

If you truly believe that Miller is a waste and that Harrellson is awful then I'll apologize. I think you're wrong but if you TRULY believe that then I apologize.

 

You're absolutely wrong though.

 

Wrong is a matter of opinion Clyde when it comes to something subjective. I know I cannot speak for everyone, but I can't imagine most people would feel that Darius has played up to his potential over his career. And everyone always talks about how hard Harrelson plays and that's why he gets rebounds. Talent-wise where do you think he ranks in all of college basketball for post players? Is he anywhere close to the top 50-75? He hustles and always plays hard I have to give him that, but when that's the compliment that is always thrown around I feel that said player must be lacking everywhere else. He's 6'10, has no go to move on the block and cannot defend the rim. He's not athletic, and IMO he's not a really smart basketball player. If he did not bust his butt every game how would most people view him in Kentucky?

 

Cats you destroyed 3 of the 6 guys that play for UK right after a tough loss. All he said was this is why people talk about UK fans. Why destroy Harrelson? Why kill Miller? It was wrong.

 

Why destroy Harrelson? Honestly I'm sure he knows he's not an extremely talented basketball player for a school like UK. He plays hard and I will never take that away from him but I have to call it like I see it.

 

Miller has had about 10 really good games in his career IMO and I'm sorry that just doesn't cut it for me because of his talent level. I'm not talking about scoring 15 points either, I'm talking about just being aggressive and being the type of player he can/should be. He's 6'8", he's athletic and can shoot, there's no reason for him just going through the motions like it has seemed like he's done for 3 years.

 

I also hit on Jones and Knight. I don't see anyone taking up for Jones because he's become the scapegoat for this UK team and IMO it's just not all on his shoulders. Knight is our best player on a consistent basis IMO, but I personally don't see him being as good as he's hyped up to be.

 

Call it what you want SSC, but I'm a UK fan who doesn't buy the hype on this team. I don't think they should have been ranked for the last 2 or 3 weeks. That's not being a crazy UK fan, a fair-weather UK fan, to me it's just being honest. Forgive me for being one of the few fans that doesn't see their team through homer, heavily tinted glasses.

Edited by CatsCatsCats

I love Jones. He takes a ton of heat for nothing. He's killing it on the glass and giving maximum effort. He's a little selfish, but that's what you're killing Miller for not doing. People crack me up about this UK team. They have Liggins, Miller, and Hrrelson back from the BCg era. They got to the elite 8 last year and they have a chance to earn a bye in the SEC tournament a year after winning it with mostly freshman players and now they're doing it again with freshman playing key roles.

 

CCC, what hype is it that you're not buying? Nobody is saying they're great. People enjoy them and hope they do well. It doesn't change the fact that you killed the players. You think the only bad fans think they're going to win the National title and complain about the refs. I think fans that destroy guys are worse.

I love Jones. He takes a ton of heat for nothing. He's killing it on the glass and giving maximum effort. He's a little selfish, but that's what you're killing Miller for not doing. People crack me up about this UK team. They have Liggins, Miller, and Hrrelson back from the BCg era. They got to the elite 8 last year and they have a chance to earn a bye in the SEC tournament a year after winning it with mostly freshman players and now they're doing it again with freshman playing key roles.

 

CCC, what hype is it that you're not buying? Nobody is saying they're great. People enjoy them and hope they do well. It doesn't change the fact that you killed the players. You think the only bad fans think they're going to win the National title and complain about the refs. I think fans that destroy guys are worse.

 

I'm not killing the team, I'm just calling it like I see it SSC. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion.

I'm not killing the team, I'm just calling it like I see it SSC. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion.

 

Fine, but you should understand that your opinion if it includes calling a player a waste may make people frown upon UK fans.

Fine, but you should understand that your opinion if it includes calling a player a waste may make people frown upon UK fans.

 

And yet I've failed to see one person say he's played up to expectations or to his talent level. Maybe waste sounds bad, but waste of talent is obviously what I meant if you read between the lines on what I've said. You give a kid like Polson or Harrelson the amount of talent and athleticism DM has and you'd have a very good player.

Wrong is a matter of opinion Clyde when it comes to something subjective. I know I cannot speak for everyone, but I can't imagine most people would feel that Darius has played up to his potential over his career. And everyone always talks about how hard Harrelson plays and that's why he gets rebounds. Talent-wise where do you think he ranks in all of college basketball for post players? Is he anywhere close to the top 50-75? He hustles and always plays hard I have to give him that, but when that's the compliment that is always thrown around I feel that said player must be lacking everywhere else. He's 6'10, has no go to move on the block and cannot defend the rim. He's not athletic, and IMO he's not a really smart basketball player. If he did not bust his butt every game how would most people view him in Kentucky?

 

.

 

All I know is this about Harrelson. He's leading the SEC in offensive rebounds , #2 in overall rebounds trailing TJones by .2 per game, he's 9th in blocks (Miller is 12th), 1st in FG%. You are the ONLY one who would deem that as "awful." This isn't a beauty contest. This team is built around perimeter players. He does EXACTLY what he is supposed to do. I could give a crap about his athletic ability. Production is the name of the game. He's producing.

 

Miller: No question he's been inconsistent but to call him a "waste" is immature/irrational/and frankly ignorant. He plays good D/blocks shots. Offensively for some reason he's been inconsistent. Despite having the #1 and #2 rebounders in the conference on his team he's 29th in rebounding right there with the great Alex Tyus who no one questions as far as effort. Only a UK fan would call a kid who plays hard yet doesn't live up to others' expectations a "waste."

 

And, yes, I'm a UK fan and UK financial supporter so you can end that speculation.

And yet I've failed to see one person say he's played up to expectations or to his talent level. Maybe waste sounds bad, but waste of talent is obviously what I meant if you read between the lines on what I've said. You give a kid like Polson or Harrelson the amount of talent and athleticism DM has and you'd have a very good player.

 

Darius Miller is going to look very good on the history books of UK basketball. If that's a waste to you ok. To call someone awful and say how would he be viewed if he didn't bust his butt every game is laughable.

All I know is this about Harrelson. He's leading the SEC in offensive rebounds , #2 in overall rebounds trailing TJones by .2 per game, he's 9th in blocks (Miller is 12th), 1st in FG%. You are the ONLY one who would deem that as "awful." This isn't a beauty contest. This team is built around perimeter players. He does EXACTLY what he is supposed to do. I could give a crap about his athletic ability. Production is the name of the game. He's producing.

 

Miller: No question he's been inconsistent but to call him a "waste" is immature/irrational/and frankly ignorant. He plays good D/blocks shots. Offensively for some reason he's been inconsistent. Despite having the #1 and #2 rebounders in the conference on his team he's 29th in rebounding right there with the great Alex Tyus who no one questions as far as effort. Only a UK fan would call a kid who plays hard yet doesn't live up to others' expectations a "waste."

 

And, yes, I'm a UK fan and UK financial supporter so you can end that speculation.

 

Darius Miller is going to look very good on the history books of UK basketball. If that's a waste to you ok. To call someone awful and say how would he be viewed if he didn't bust his butt every game is laughable.

 

Whatever I'm done arguing with you guys. Let's just make a deal, you guys never talk to me on here and I'll never talk to you on here. I've talked about this till I'm blue in the face with you guys and just staying out of each others way would be best IMO. SSC I've begged you in the past to quit responding to anything I say, you never agree with any of it so why not just put me on ignore if I'm such an idiot? I'm seriously thinking about just deleting my membership and if I feel the same way tomorrow I think that I will.

WOW!

edit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.