Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballard Vs. Holmes Postponed?

Featured Replies

Just got a phone call that the game was postponed due to illness. Can anyone confirm?

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is that Holmes called early this afternoon to cancel the game because they were down to only 2 of their top 6 players. Two players were gonna miss because of legit reasons and two players did not show up for the trip because of a senior dinner / dance. This game had been scheduled since the beginning of the season. No excuse for a last minute cancellation. Ballard had planned tonight as Senior Night and players were not informed until 4:00. This game is rescheduled for Thursday (jv at 6 and varsity at 7:30).

Black eye on Holmes IMHO. I know that Coach J gives the straight scoop.

I suppose that some would rather eat and dance than play basketball.

 

So, play 2 of your top 6 players and the rest of your players that aren't in your top 6.

I suppose that some would rather eat and dance than play basketball.

 

So, play 2 of your top 6 players and the rest of your players that aren't in your top 6.

 

I agree! Who cares if you lose, you will give your younger players a lot more PT in a non-district game. Plus, did the coach know about the players missing because of the dance? If not he should sit them in theiir last games of the season, if won't effect them for the upcoming districts, and it will show that you MUST look at the schedule and let your coach know if you may not be able to make a game! I am sure they didn't schedule the dance/dinner the night before.

Word is that Holmes called early this afternoon to cancel the game because they were down to only 2 of their top 6 players. Two players were gonna miss because of legit reasons and two players did not show up for the trip because of a senior dinner / dance. This game had been scheduled since the beginning of the season. No excuse for a last minute cancellation. Ballard had planned tonight as Senior Night and players were not informed until 4:00. This game is rescheduled for Thursday (jv at 6 and varsity at 7:30).

 

If this true, then this is very weak on Holmes' part. Holmes needs to man up. You have to give Ballard credit for even fooling with them at this point.

Wow is all i can say but if Booher takes leftovers to Louisville instead of a 24 pt loss as I predicted, this would have been a 40 point loss.

Wow is all i can say but if Booher takes leftovers to Louisville instead of a 24 pt loss as I predicted, this would have been a 40 point loss.
I am guessing Ballard will be a little ticked off and have some extra motivation come Thursday night! I see Ballard possibly getting 100 points again, far from what Holmes will have this time around.
I am guessing Ballard will be a little ticked off and have some extra motivation come Thursday night! I see Ballard possibly getting 100 points again, far from what Holmes will have this time around.

 

True story I wouldnt want to step into that hornets nest.

I agree! Who cares if you lose, you will give your younger players a lot more PT in a non-district game. Plus, did the coach know about the players missing because of the dance? If not he should sit them in theiir last games of the season, if won't effect them for the upcoming districts, and it will show that you MUST look at the schedule and let your coach know if you may not be able to make a game! I am sure they didn't schedule the dance/dinner the night before.

 

Exactly. The game could have been very instructive; and in a game not involving seeding, what's the big deal?

 

If the circumstances as described are correct, ducking the game is pretty weak.

I doubt Ballard would want to play a blowout at this point in the season. The reschedule is a good idea.

Not a district game, not a regional game, so why not play? What message does this send to the other 11 players?

 

Geez, Morrow played Eastern without 3 starters (Price, Kimbro, and Cross) and never tried to move the game. I hope this doesn't become the norm.

Not a district game, not a regional game, so why not play? What message does this send to the other 11 players?

 

Geez, Morrow played Eastern without 3 starters (Price, Kimbro, and Cross) and never tried to move the game. I hope this doesn't become the norm.

 

Sorry, but we'd rather not play with just you guys.

 

So let's try to find a time that doesn't conflict with the other guys' eating and dancing schedules.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.