Ballard Vs. Holmes Postponed?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Ballard would want to play a blowout at this point in the season. The reschedule is a good idea.

I was thiking the same thing but Ballard had already scheduled Senior Night. activities around the game.

I agree, though, with the poster who said let's wait to hear Holmes' version of the facts (if they are any different than what has already been posted).

Some of you are failing to realize that BOTH teams are trying to get ready for districts and the post season.

What would Coach Booher get out of taking his JV team to Louisville to play Ballard? IMO, it's a good idea to re-schedule, especially with this game being right before districts. Holmes isn't ducking Ballard. If they were, they wouldn't have re-scheduled the game.

I was thiking the same thing but Ballard had already scheduled Senior Night. activities around the game.

I agree, though, with the poster who said let's wait to hear Holmes' version of the facts (if they are any different than what has already been posted).

Working on that now.

Not a district game, not a regional game, so why not play? What message does this send to the other 11 players?Geez, Morrow played Eastern without 3 starters (Price, Kimbro, and Cross) and never tried to move the game. I hope this doesn't become the norm.

A clear message from Booher that he is very senstive to their psyche and doesnt want them to go to Louisville and get trounced.

Good choice to move it so they are both at 100% and can get something out of it but very unfortunate it conflicted with Ballard's Sr night.

Wow is all i can say but if Booher takes leftovers to Louisville instead of a 24 pt loss as I predicted, this would have been a 40 point loss.

After messing up Ballard's planned senior night, Bulldogs may need to find where the woodshed is and just wait for Ballard there.

After messing up Ballard's planned senior night, Bulldogs may need to find where the woodshed is and just wait for Ballard there.

If Ballard spanks them they won't be the first or the last. Holmes has a good team and the result of this match up won't change that.

Some of you are failing to realize that BOTH teams are trying to get ready for districts and the post season.

What would Coach Booher get out of taking his JV team to Louisville to play Ballard? IMO, it's a good idea to re-schedule, especially with this game being right before districts. Holmes isn't ducking Ballard. If they were, they wouldn't have re-scheduled the game.

So I'm to believe that Ballard is happy with the postponement of the game and the corresponding, long-planned Senior Night activities? Color me skeptical.

So I'm to believe that Ballard is happy with the postponement of the game and the corresponding, long-planned Senior Night activities? Color me skeptical.

I'm sure the parents don't like it but they don't make the decisions.

Working on that now.

Working, or waiting?:D

I also would like to hear the Holmes side of the story. Perhaps I have been guilty of jumping the gun, rushing to judgement; whatever figure of speech applies.

Regardless of the final outcome, what will happen is that a program may get a reputation - deserved or not - for ducking games at the last minute when the timing is bad - a player or two hurt or sick or eating and dancing.

Here's the story I got.

3 guys had legit reasons for not showing up. BJ Coston, Dasean Peterson, and Carlos Mullins-Evans were all at home in bed with some sort of illness.

Coston, a sophomore, starts JV and sees 10-15 mins per game in varsity.

Peterson, another sophomore, is strictly varsity but is usually first man off the bench.

Mullins-Evans, sophomore, starts Jv and rarely sees varsity time.

Here is how those players affect things though. Holmes JV team only has 7 or 8 players. Without Coston and Mullins-Evans, Holmes JV team would've been left with 5 or 6 players. Peterson can't play JV in their absence because he is at home sick as well.

2 seniors didn't show up because of the senior dinner/dance. I realize some of you think this is bogus, but let's remember these are still high school KIDS and their last year of high school...something they'll never get back again. Let's not forget that kids miss in baseball all the time for senior retreats and prom, so this shouldn't be made as big of a deal as some of you are making it. On the flip side though, Coach Booher has said he doesn't know if he'll let these two seniors back on the team because of this incident. So before you all bash the coach and say he's ducking someone, get the facts straight. The game is re-scheduled and Holmes may be without these two guys anyways.

Lastly, Eli Reese, another senior, is also out with an injury. That is 6 players in all. Coach Booher is smart for re-scheduling this game and he's obviously prepared to play without some guys if he is debating whether or not 2 of them will still be with the team. If they're not with the team, some sophomores and younger guys will get some great experience.

If Ballard spanks them they won't be the first or the last. Holmes has a good team and the result of this match up won't change that.

Depends on which Bulldog team shows up. However, I'm thinking it won't matter. Would love to see the Bulldogs pull off a victory, or even give the Bruins scare. One might have said this game meant nothing to them. Of course that may have been the case before 4pm yesterday.

Here's the story I got.

3 guys had legit reasons for not showing up. BJ Coston, Dasean Peterson, and Carlos Mullins-Evans were all at home in bed with some sort of illness.

Coston, a sophomore, starts JV and sees 10-15 mins per game in varsity.

Peterson, another sophomore, is strictly varsity but is usually first man off the bench.

Mullins-Evans, sophomore, starts Jv and rarely sees varsity time.

Here is how those players affect things though. Holmes JV team only has 7 or 8 players. Without Coston and Mullins-Evans, Holmes JV team would've been left with 5 or 6 players. Peterson can't play JV in their absence because he is at home sick as well.

2 seniors didn't show up because of the senior dinner/dance. I realize some of you think this is bogus, but let's remember these are still high school KIDS and their last year of high school...something they'll never get back again. Let's not forget that kids miss in baseball all the time for senior retreats and prom, so this shouldn't be made as big of a deal as some of you are making it. On the flip side though, Coach Booher has said he doesn't know if he'll let these two seniors back on the team because of this incident. So before you all bash the coach and say he's ducking someone, get the facts straight. The game is re-scheduled and Holmes may be without these two guys anyways.

Lastly, Eli Reese, another senior, is also out with an injury. That is 6 players in all. Coach Booher is smart for re-scheduling this game and he's obviously prepared to play without some guys if he is debating whether or not 2 of them will still be with the team. If they're not with the team, some sophomores and younger guys will get some great experience.

On the Bold: Oh really? Not if you want to play for Coach Krumps at CovCath or some of the other wining baseball HS programs.

Why wouldn't a Coach or AD look at the schools schedule to see when the Senior Dance was taking place and not schedule a game for that night/weekend?