Ryle at Newport Central Catholic 2/8/11 Predictions

I've only seen about a quarter of an NCC game over the Holidays at Lexington Catholic. Other than what I've read and heard from my fellow BGPers have said on here don't know much about them,but I know how tough Coach Dawn's teams traditionally are and I'm sure this year is no exception. I believe Ryle will have to play an exceptional game to come away with a victory.

NCC will have to avoid the proverbial post-All A letdown. Getting knocked out as the favorite and playing Ryle 3 days later does not sound like a recipe for success.

As will Ryle coming off the huge win against Boone. However, great programs and coaches know how to deal with these emotional ups and downs and will have their teams focused and this should be a fantastic game.

With the game being at NCC, I will give NewCath the edge in this one and will win at home. Good Luck to both!!!!

I've only seen about a quarter of an NCC game over the Holidays at Lexington Catholic. Other than what I've read and heard from my fellow BGPers have said on here don't know much about them,but I know how tough Coach Dawn's teams traditionally are and I'm sure this year is no exception. I believe Ryle will have to play an exceptional game to come away with a victory.

They play outstanding on the defensive side of the ball by allowing just under 40 PPG, but sometimes they will struggle on the offensive side when they can't get their outside shooters open. IMO the key player for NCC in this game is the freshman Kiernan she must have a big game.

Of course, I like Ryle in what should be a close game. Look forward to seeing all of our NCC friends tomorrow night.

I give a slight edge to Ryle because of the emotion spent over the weekend. Ryle also has a slight edge in talent (and I do mean slight).

However Ron is very good at getting the girls ready for big games and he should be able to game plan well enough with the help of the home crowd NCC just might pull the upset, but alot of things will have to go their way. their shots have to fall, the press has to be effective and they must rebound as a team. Ryle has had a couple games that really make you wonder what happened (HHS), but i don't see them looking past NCC that way. 3-5 pt game either way. If NCC can get back their swagger by game time. If not it could be a long night. I think Ron won't allow that though.

Of Ryle's 4 losses, the colerain and Highlands game we had a terrible 3rd quarter at colerain and a horrendous 4th quarter at Highlands. Colerain and Highlands both took advantage and won the games. They lost by 5 at Lex. Cath. to Sacred Heart and in their 1st game in Florida to the top team in Pennsylvania and State Champions 3 of the past 4 years. All in all I believe they are starting to hit their stride. Will be a fun game.

Edited by ckshockey
Colerain

Of Ryle's 4 losses, the colerain and Highlands game we had a terrible 3rd quarter at colerain and a horrendous 4th quarter at Highlands. Colerain and Highlands both took advantage and won the games. They lost by 5 at Lex. Cath. to Sacred Heart and in their 1st game in Florida to the top team in Pennsylvania and State Champions 3 of the past 4 years. All in all I believe they are starting to hit their stride. Will be a fun game.

I absolutely am impressed with what Ryle has done this year. They have traveled all over and have had great success in doing so. They have over come their demons in defeating Boone after so many close calls, and have positioned themselves as favorites in the ninth region. NCC is close to the top of the mountain that Ryle now appears to sit atop of, and for them to get to the top they need to overcome some short comings they had against RYle as ryle did against Boone. I look forward to seeing if NCC can slay their own demons in Ryle.