Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St John's 93 Duke 78

Featured Replies

Ugly embarrassing game that all Duke haters love. It's all good. Last year Georgetown and North Carolina State embarrassed them in the regular season and it amounted to absolutely nothing other than 24-48 hours of fodder for the Duke haters. Loss #2. Oh. No.:scared:

 

:thumb:. I dont mind these losses that much. They learn alot more from losing than winning. Just letting people get their shots in now while they can.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enormous win for the Red Storm.

Ya play 30+ games a year and this can happen, esp on the road.

The Johnnies were world-beaters today & I loved every second of it--especially when the camera caught Coach Kryzaieaogjgaegj[eapjgsjgpa[jeg[epojeajgewp[gjaewgj[apgj[pewajgski dropping the "F" bomb & then it cut away ASAP. :D

 

Look, I hate Duke, but they're still going to be a force to be reckoned with come March.

They live and die by the 3 way too much for my liking, but Duke is still very good. The Garden was alive for sure!

:thumb:. I dont mind these losses that much. They learn alot more from losing than winning. Just letting people get their shots in now while they can.

 

 

Regular season losses don't bother me much either. What bothers me is watching my Facebook timeline and profile wall blow up because Duke lost. I have friends that only post when Duke loses. It still baffles why UK fans hate Duke so much. It genuinely does.

Regular season losses don't bother me much either. What bothers me is watching my Facebook timeline and profile wall blow up because Duke lost. I have friends that only post when Duke loses. It still baffles why UK fans hate Duke so much. It genuinely does.

 

And I have friends who only post on my Facebook when UK loses... It happens.

Many UK fans see Duke as a rival. I am not trying to sound pompous here, but there are only 3 programs that I consider "rivals" to UK for historical supremacy in college basketball - Duke, UNC and Kansas. I want to see all those teams lose every time they play. I respect them all but I root against them all. Plus, for many UK fans that Laetner stomp on you/last second shot game is their most despised game/moment in UK history.

This Duke team is virtually the same team as last season so I would have no fear. They have some athletic deficiencies and rely on shooting the ball well, but heck, they generally do so I would not fret. Though they won the title last season, it was not as if they were some kind of world beating team.

Regular season losses don't bother me much either. What bothers me is watching my Facebook timeline and profile wall blow up because Duke lost. I have friends that only post when Duke loses. It still baffles why UK fans hate Duke so much. It genuinely does.

 

The reason for the UK hatred of Duke is two-fold. Primarily, probably about 85% of the hatred, is related to the 1992 game. If UK beats Duke, your Facebook issues don't happen.

 

Secondly, Duke is good & has been the best college program in my lifetime (30+ years). Great teams always illicit fiery emotions, so take that as a complement. Your team is very, very good.

The Johnnies were world-beaters today & I loved every second of it--especially when the camera caught Coach Kryzaieaogjgaegj[eapjgsjgpa[jeg[epojeajgewp[gjaewgj[apgj[pewajgski dropping the "F" bomb & then it cut away ASAP. :DLook, I hate Duke, but they're still going to be a force to be reckoned with come March.

He did, no he wouldn't do that. I didn't see the game but on the highlights on espn I don't remember them showing that. Unbelievable that the media didn't jump all over that. :rolleyes:

And I have friends who only post on my Facebook when UK loses... It happens.

 

Are these friends all Duke fans or just UK haters? I am keeping it strictly Duke/UK and all the people that post on Facebook for me are UK fans. UL fans that are my friends never say squat about Duke. The UK fans treat Duke losses like a national holiday. I would classify myself as a UK basketball hater but you won't see me celebrating UK losses in UK game threads on here or on your Facebook wall. If I hadn't posted in your game threads before I am not going to start today just because UK lost.

Many UK fans see Duke as a rival. I am not trying to sound pompous here, but there are only 3 programs that I consider "rivals" to UK for historical supremacy in college basketball - Duke, UNC and Kansas. I want to see all those teams lose every time they play. I respect them all but I root against them all. Plus, for many UK fans that Laetner stomp on you/last second shot game is their most despised game/moment in UK history.

 

Maybe some anger should be placed at Richie Farmer for making 1-2 from the free throw line when shooting the technical free throws the following the stomp.

 

Didn't UK get revenge in 1998?

 

Should I stalk Indiana fans for breaking my heart in 2002?

 

Duke hasn't played UK since 2001 and unless you are a Duke fan living in Ky 95% of Duke fans could care less about UK. I would say that 65% of UK fans care about Duke, or Puke or dUKe.

Regular season losses don't bother me much either. What bothers me is watching my Facebook timeline and profile wall blow up because Duke lost. I have friends that only post when Duke loses. It still baffles why UK fans hate Duke so much. It genuinely does.

 

I don't understand it either. If it was UofL or UT, I could somewhat understand, but I don't get it with Duke. I rarely even open these threads when Duke loses anymore, it's almost always just UK fans gloating. :idunno:

I don't understand it either. If it was UofL or UT, I could somewhat understand, but I don't get it with Duke. :
:thumb: I have to agree with you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.