Celebrations Can Negate TDs Next Season

Clyde

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how I feel about the rule itself, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the first clown act like the rule doesn't apply to him, and have his team penalized severely for it.

"Coach [Chip] Kelly, he taught us to hand the ball to the referee and celebrate with our teammates. When you celebrate with yourself, it kind of takes the air out of everything. It's like a selfish way of celebrating with yourself and not giving any credit to your teammates."

Either you learn that this is a TEAM sport, or you don't.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

When will the NCAA wisen up? It doesn't appear that it will happen anytime in the future. The NCAA needs to tread a thin line here because if the NCAA continues to make bonehead decisions like they have been across all sports as well as other things, I wouldn't surprised if teams start to take an initiative to fight back against the NCAA. I'm just waiting for the moment when a big time school decides to leave the NCAA and start their own organization.

Football is a game that is played at such an emotional high. As long as your not doing some kind of staged dance/celebration, or getting in the face of the opposing team, or being disrespectful. I don't see any problem with saluting your fans or chest bumps or high fives.

Taking away a TD is rediculous.

The wrong referee could have very easily given Mike Hartline an unsportsmanlike penalty in the Carolina game when he was rolling on the ground after the complete the pass to take the lead near the end of the game. Fortunately they realized it was a burst of celebratory emotion that comes with the game and wasn't disrespectful.