Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eloy Vargas

Featured Replies

I realize it, but they count for something -- at least more than they currently produce.

 

Especially when a player puts up the numbers Vargas did at Miami Dade.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vargas needs to muscle up some. Just look at his arms compaired to the other guys. I bet Polson has more strength than Vargas.

I realize it, but they count for something -- at least more than they currently produce.

 

I agree as far as Poole and Vargas. I still have no idea how Hood got rated that highly. He does nothing of value on the court.

  • Author

Hood is just too slow to ever make an impact. I see a low ceiling and he just doesn't have that much room to improve. You can't teach speed.

Hood is just too slow to ever make an impact. I see a low ceiling and he just doesn't have that much room to improve. You can't teach speed.

 

The problem is Hood is a spot up shooter that can't make shots in a game..

I don't even know where to begin with Vargas. Simply put he is terrible.

He is exhibit A on why I don't get all worked up on what people put on here about UK's recruit. Got the impression last year that he was going to solve UK's post issues.

Vargas is too weak and not aggressive. He won't see the floor next year except for mop up duty at the end of the games.

The problem is Hood is a spot up shooter that can't make shots in a game..

 

That's like a used car salesman who can't sell cars yikes....

He is exhibit A on why I don't get all worked up on what people put on here about UK's recruit. Got the impression last year that he was going to solve UK's post issues.

 

Nobody pumped him up like Cousins or Orton. People were just have for another tall body, who would have thought Jorts would be this decent? He looks like he just thinks too much on the court and needs to slow down and let the game come to him.

We may see something from Poole. I think both Hood and Vargas will never contribute at UK.

 

Agreed. Poole is actually one of the better athletes on the team. Having said that, his position is one that Cal recruits very well. If he contributes, it'll be as a junior or most likely, a senior.

He may be a little behind, but so was Harrellson(sp) when he came.

 

Harrellson is still terrible, but Vargas is just amazingly horrific. Not saying much that Harrellson is starting.

Harrellson is still terrible, but Vargas is just amazingly horrific. Not saying much that Harrellson is starting.

 

Harrelson is far from terrible; he has contributed a ton; a player doesn't have to be a high-flying athlete to be a good basketball player.

Vargas is sooooo far down in Coach Cal's eyes he cant even see his future. He gets in a game and plays about a minute and then he is done. No confidence in him by Coach Cal or more important, he seems to have lost it in himself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.