Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eloy Vargas

Featured Replies

Does anyone think Eloy maybe needs to consider transferring after this season? I can't see him anywhere but buried on the bench for next season. He is unproductive and just can't seem to even hang when playing against Auburn's big men.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may be a little behind, but so was Harrellson(sp) when he came.

If he were a freshman, I would say yes. But since he'll only have one year of eligibility left, and since UK has the potential to be the best team in the country next year, I would stay if I were him.

Plays like he is wearing mittens on his hands. I feel bad for the guy because you feel like he giving maximum effort, but he is just not very good.

Plays like he is wearing mittens on his hands. I feel bad for the guy because you feel like he giving maximum effort, but he is just not very good.

 

He is very frustrating to watch for sure, but what about Poole last night? Wow. He was lost and total butterfingers. Those 2 along with Hood just don't seem to be getting any better at all.

He may be a little behind, but so was Harrellson(sp) when he came.

 

You would have a point if Vargas was a freshman. He was the 26 best player in his class, the #1 ranked player in Florida, had offers from Louisville, Clemson, Pitt, and Florida. Played one year at Florida, transfered to a JUCO where he avg 25 pts and 15 rebounds.

 

I just don't get why he plays so bad.

You would have a point if Vargas was a freshman. He was the 26 best player in his class, the #1 ranked player in Florida, had offers from Louisville, Clemson, Pitt, and Florida. Played one year at Florida, transfered to a JUCO where he avg 25 pts and 15 rebounds.

 

I just don't get why he plays so bad.

I am baffled by it as well. I know JUCO is not wonderful, but you have to be somewhat decent to average what he did.

Plays like he is wearing mittens on his hands. I feel bad for the guy because you feel like he giving maximum effort, but he is just not very good.

 

Poole is in the same boat. I Think they just need a season underneath Coach Cal and they would be ok , unfortunately for Vargas all he has is one year after that.

Poole is in the same boat. I Think they just need a season underneath Coach Cal and they would be ok , unfortunately for Vargas all he has is one year after that.

Poole is a freshman so I can understand that. While a good recruit out of high school, Vargas was rated higher than Poole.

You would have a point if Vargas was a freshman. He was the 26 best player in his class, the #1 ranked player in Florida, had offers from Louisville, Clemson, Pitt, and Florida. Played one year at Florida, transfered to a JUCO where he avg 25 pts and 15 rebounds.

 

I just don't get why he plays so bad.

 

lol...I say the same thing... but hey Harrellson only scored 28 points total last season, look at him now.

Poole is a freshman so I can understand that. While a good recruit out of high school, Vargas was rated higher than Poole.

 

Yes, But Poole is in a bad place considering the players Cal has coming in.

I think Poole probably will be asked to transfer. Vargas is just not very good. For being as big as he is he has a lot of shots blocked. I agree he is extremely frustrating to watch..

Sooner or later, everyone will realize that ratings are not the gospel. Hood, Poole, and Vargas are 3 great examples. And I'm sure we've had many more.

Sooner or later, everyone will realize that ratings are not the gospel. Hood, Poole, and Vargas are 3 great examples. And I'm sure we've had many more.

I realize it, but they count for something -- at least more than they currently produce.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.