Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kanter Permanently Ineligible

Featured Replies

GOOD. I love it. Now go pro, what you wanted to do anyway.

  • Replies 134
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOOD. I love it. Now go pro, what you wanted to do anyway.

 

Which is why he already turned down millions. UR SMRT

I haven't posted on this untill now. This decision is what I expected out of the NCAA, at best I was hoping for ineligeble for just this season. Can anyone figure out the NCAA? A. kid's father at Auburn puts him up for sale and he is stil playing and then this decision??......pathetic. Should Kanter had wanted to go pro then he easily could have.

I said this is what I expected but in imo way could it be right/good for the kid and the kid is what this is all about. A lousy decision is the nicest thing I can say.

 

At least in this case..........NCAA = National Committe Against Athletes.

GOOD. I love it. Now go pro, what you wanted to do anyway.

 

Unlike the NCAA I have to give you some credit, at least you have stayed consistent with your statements/decisions on U.K. and others. I have to give you that. :lol:

GOOD. I love it. Now go pro, what you wanted to do anyway.

 

And I thought you cared about kids. Take off the glasses.

Which is why he already turned down millions. UR SMRT

 

I am actually intelligent but that has nothing to do with this. He went to a high school here. Therefore he had to wait one year for the league. Why not go to a program that embraces one and dones,and not have to really be engaged in academics. Sounds like a plan to me. And, it almost worked.

I haven't posted on this untill now. This decision is what I expected out of the NCAA, at best I was hoping for ineligeble for just this season.

 

For what it's worth, I was really hoping for the one year suspension as well. So we would all know for sure what his intentions were. Now we won't.

Unlike the NCAA I have to give you some credit, at least you have stayed consistent with your statements/decisions on U.K. and others. I have to give you that. :lol:

 

If anything, I am that.

And I thought you cared about kids. Take off the glasses.

 

Hey, he broke rules. Tried to get around them, the school even said they "hoped" they'd rule like they have for others (who broke rules).....go pro, and be gone.

Hey, he broke rules. Tried to get around them, the school even said they "hoped" they'd rule like they have for others (who broke rules).....go pro, and be gone.

 

Your comment though leaves me with questions, what are the rules and who do they apply too?

The NCAA head called Seth davis to defend the decision. Basically said the NCAA had be consistent in it's decisions it was the facts that were inconsistent, and the crowning jewel, other schools didn't recruit Kanter because of this. Interestingly enough this guy was the president of Washingtin when Kanter committed to them.

 

As Dick Vital said yesterday, if Kanter were at washington he would be playing.

I think some of the writers/commentators have been chirping enough about the decision that someone felt compelled to say something.

 

I wish Davis would have gone after Emmert the same way he went after Pearl. He asked no follow up and then tried to say that UW walked away from Kanter, which is entirely false. He allowed him to say that he wasn't recruited by many schools. Again, False. Upon entering the states he received upwards of 35 phone calls regarding interest. He was committed to UW from November to February and decided to open it up. UK, Kansas, Syracuse and UConn were just a few to call and trying to get in. Also, reported that UW continued to pursue him once he reopened his recruitment.

 

Mike DeCoursy has gone after Seth Davis regarding UW walking away from Kanter. Always been questions about him once he entered the states.

I think some of the writers/commentators have been chirping enough about the decision that someone felt compelled to say something.

 

I wish Davis would have gone after Emmert the same way he went after Pearl. He asked no follow up and then tried to say that UW walked away from Kanter, which is entirely false. He allowed him to say that he wasn't recruited by many schools. Again, False. Upon entering the states he received upwards of 35 phone calls regarding interest. He was committed to UW from November to February and decided to open it up. UK, Kansas, Syracuse and UConn were just a few to call and trying to get in. Also, reported that UW continued to pursue him once he reopened his recruitment.

 

Mike DeCoursy has gone after Seth Davis regarding UW walking away from Kanter. Always been questions about him once he entered the states.

AGREED! :thumb:

 

So, he and the NCAA is defending their decision with lies? Hmmm, That should tell people something. The more I look at it, and hear about the comments coming from him and the NCAA, the more I hope Kanter sues the heck out of the NCAA!

Your comment though leaves me with questions, what are the rules and who do they apply too?

 

The rules apply to EVERYONE.....you can be disappointed if the NCAA didn't turn a blind eye towards Kanter like they did towards Newton, or maybe even the mild slap on the wrist of Pryor and Co. BUT, you can't be upset or angry about it. He broke the rules, and is being punished for it. Pretty cut and dry to me. I can see why you had your hopes up, but even the University was hinging its hat on the fact that they let others break rules and still play. Not very solid ground, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.