Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kanter Permanently Ineligible

Featured Replies

That's part of the problem. The way the legal system works, anybody who tries to take on the NCAA will be out of college by the time its decided anyway. I'd love for Enes (or anybody) to go after the NCAA and stay after them.
As LABS mentioned, look up Andy Oliver and NCAA. He took them on, and won! But he took the settlement money ($750,000.00) and ran, and didn't stick with it! Kanter on the other hand doesn't care about the money, if he does go after them, I don't think his family will back down.
  • Replies 134
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No they are getting heat from the biggest mouthpiece in the form of Dick Vitale...maybe not heat, but Vitale criticized the decision and said he would have been eligible if he would have gone to Washington. I think that one stung Emmert.

Other writers have chimed in like Mike DeCoursy and even Mike Lupica.

 

I agree LABS and I think more writers will follow that trend.

 

What the NCAA failed to consider is that this young man was only 14, 15, and 16 years old when all this occured. He came to the U.S. during his 17th year, and entered college at 18. The European kids don't have the same high school and AAU systems like the U.S. has, and many of them play on these teams as a substitute as an AAU-type outlet. Kanter only played 24 minutes for the Turkish team, and it was a way for them to lock him down as a "pro" like they have done to so many other youngsters. If they don't make it later they just discard them like an old rug.

. The NCAA is rigid on some things, I realize that. But the Appeals Board should have been more reasonable with their Kanter decision. He should have been allowed to pay the money back (which was no more than expense money anyway imo) and at least granted eligibility for next season. He was a young teenager when all this went on for goodness sakes.

And for those who say rules are rules and everyone has to abide by them, then why has the NCAA allowed players in the past who were deemed to have a pro background gain eligibility? They're simply too inconsistent for my liking.

GOOD. I love it. Now go pro, what you wanted to do anyway.

 

Hater.... UK will smack U of L in the mouth next year, and probably every year after that until Cal leaves so losing Kanter isn't that big of a deal. Wait, then it will be Pastner's turn :D.

Hater.... UK will smack U of L in the mouth next year, and probably every year after that until Cal leaves so losing Kanter isn't that big of a deal. Wait, then it will be Pastner's turn :D.

 

What's he got to hate? His team is the defending champs and the favorite to repeat.

What's he got to hate? His team is the defending champs and the favorite to repeat.

 

Well, duh. Every year the favorite to repeat is the defending champs. After all, they are the only team in the country that has the chance to repeat....:ohbrother: :D

Well, duh. Every year the favorite to repeat is the defending champs. After all, they are the only team in the country that has the chance to repeat....:ohbrother: :D

:thumb: :lol:

What's he got to hate? His team is the defending champs and the favorite to repeat.

 

I thought he was a U of L fan too, but I guess I was mistaken. UK can't beat Duke this year I don't think, but I would like their chances in a meeting next season.

I thought he was a U of L fan too, but I guess I was mistaken. UK can't beat Duke this year I don't think, but I would like their chances in a meeting next season.

 

He picks and chooses. UofL for football and Duke for basketball. I don't think you get to pick different schools for different sports though.

He picks and chooses. UofL for football and Duke for basketball. I don't think you get to pick different schools for different sports though.

 

Sure you do. Why wouldn't you be allowed to? I love UK basketball, but only casually root for their football team. My football team is and always has been Michigan. I casually root for their basketball team as well, but wouldn't call myself a Michigan basketball fan in the least.

Sure you do. Why wouldn't you be allowed to? I love UK basketball, but only casually root for their football team. My football team is and always has been Michigan. I casually root for their basketball team as well, but wouldn't call myself a Michigan basketball fan in the least.

 

Speaking of Michigan basketball, they had a really gutsy game on Sunday against Kansas. I don't really like basketball, but couldn't help rooting for Michigan, who was woefully outmanned in that game.

Speaking of Michigan basketball, they had a really gutsy game on Sunday against Kansas. I don't really like basketball, but couldn't help rooting for Michigan, who was woefully outmanned in that game.

 

Didn't get to see any of it, but heard they gave Kansas all they could handle and then some. Hopefully they can finally pull the big one out tonight against Ohio State. Lord knows it's been a while since they've beaten them in football. :lol:

Hater.... UK will smack U of L in the mouth next year, and probably every year after that until Cal leaves so losing Kanter isn't that big of a deal. Wait, then it will be Pastner's turn :D.

 

Who cares?

He picks and chooses. UofL for football and Duke for basketball. I don't think you get to pick different schools for different sports though.

 

Sure you do....particularly when you became a U of L football fan, due to Trinity relationships.

Who cares?

 

About 80% I'd say. :lol:

Sure you do. Why wouldn't you be allowed to? I love UK basketball, but only casually root for their football team. My football team is and always has been Michigan. I casually root for their basketball team as well, but wouldn't call myself a Michigan basketball fan in the least.

 

No doubt a lot of people do this, but not me. I'm UK in all sports that I care about.

Now, I will sometimes cheer for a team against another team. Last night I was a huge Florida State basketball fan. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.