Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

N. Ky. D1 Players?

Featured Replies

This came up in the Towles thread and I don't want to hijack that thread. The comment was made that UK is missing out by not offering scholarships to the D1 recruits in N. KY. Now, there are going to be some good ones in N. Ky. in the next couple of years. But my question and the question of others in that thread is ... what D1 players? So help me out here. What players from N. Ky. in the past 10 years have signed D1 scholarships? I don't want to hear about this guy should have been D1 or that guy would have signed but chose a different path. I would like to see a list of the actual D1 scholarship football players in N. Ky. over the past ten years with their high school and what D1 school they signed with.

 

To get things started, here are a few off the top of my head:

 

T. Brown, Boone County, Miami OH

Miles Simpson, Simon Kenton, UK

Collinsworth, Highlands, Notre Dame

Tate Nichols, Ryle, Notre Dame

 

Who are the other N. Ky. D1 scholarship players from the past ten years?

  • Replies 112
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we are clear, are you looking for kids that were offered D-1 scholarships or just kids that accepted D-1 offers? I think for purposes of what I think is this discussion (is UK not recruiting NKY hard enough?), it should be those offered. I also think for the purposes of what I think is the purpose of this discussion, the timing of UK's offers should also be examined. If a kid from Ky is D-1 caliber, shouldn't UK be one of the first teams, if not the first team other than perhaps UL which is in the same position of UK, to make an offer since the N. Ky kids are in UK's home state? When several other schools much farther away (and thus have a much more difficult job of analyzing a kid's talent over the years) offer first, and then UK makes a "johnny come lately" offer, I think it leaves a very sour taste in a kid's mouth and has a very negative impact on the chance the kid will accept UK's offer. Admittedly, some late offers only come after a school determines that it's "better options" aren't likely to accept.

So we are clear, are you looking for kids that were offered D-1 scholarships or just kids that accepted D-1 offers? I think for purposes of what I think is this discussion (is UK not recruiting NKY hard enough?), it should be those offered. I also think for the purposes of what I think is the purpose of this discussion, the timing of UK's offers should also be examined. If a kid from Ky is D-1 caliber, shouldn't UK be one of the first teams, if not the first team other than perhaps UL which is in the same position of UK, to make an offer since the N. Ky kids are in UK's home state? When several other schools much farther away (and thus have a much more difficult job of analyzing a kid's talent over the years) offer first, and then UK makes a "johnny come lately" offer, I think it leaves a very sour taste in a kid's mouth and has a very negative impact on the chance the kid will accept UK's offer. Admittedly, some late offers only come after a school determines that it's "better options" aren't likely to accept.

 

I don't know if I buy the thinking that UK should be first to offer because they're local. UK has realized that you have to get into certain pockets to get top talent that can compete in the SEC and speed is a common trait in those pockets. That's why we see LaGrange being represented which spreads out to other parts of GA. We also see South Carolina represented. NKY doesn't put out enough SEC-caliber athletes for UK to jump on.

 

UK offered those listed as far as I know with the probable exception of Trevan.

 

As I said earlier they missed on Mike Mitchell despite my emails to Joker stating they were missing out. Everyone missed out on Mike.

 

UK can't be the nice guy and offer "local." It would be terrible if they did and a kid accepts only to have to get bumped when true SEC athletes commit. You can't be wily nily with your offers in the SEC.

Tyler Grubbs (Highlands) - Miami of Ohio

 

Not good enough for the SEC.

 

Yes, I realize you were just stating who was offered but the underlying theme is UK offering local guys.

Who was the LBer (#19) at Highlands that had the knee injury? I know he had at least one offer.

Who was the LBer (#19) at Highlands that had the knee injury? I know he had at least one offer.

 

Brandon Roller (#19 ) had offers from Army and Airforce , but declined both offers.

 

Also , Will Bardo had an offer from Airforce , but also declined the offer.

 

I believe the injuries to these two players limited the D1 offers to an extent.

Ben Guidugli...HHS/UC

 

Kiernan ...NCC/UL

Not good enough for the SEC.

 

Yes, I realize you were just stating who was offered but the underlying theme is UK offering local guys.

 

D1 is D1! KY isn't elite enough in FB to turn their nose at ANY D1 kid.

D1 is D1! KY isn't elite enough in FB to turn their nose at ANY D1 kid.

 

That's incorrect. They stay lower-tier SEC by signing all the KY kids that are "d1."

That's incorrect. They stay lower-tier SEC by signing all the KY kids that are "d1."

 

Not the NKY ones!

  • Author

For puroses of this discussion, let's only list and discuss players that actually signed a D1 offer from someone. That confirms the player as a definite D1 player and then we can look to see who UK should have gone after and didn't. Of the 3 BCS level D1 players I listed (Simpson, Collinsworth, Nichols), Simpson signed with UK, Collinsworth was recruited hard by UK and Nichols I don't know if UK was after him but I believe they were.

The one I'm thinking of has been close to ten years; possibly slightly more. If so, sorry. Brent Grover from Highlands went to Purdue.

Jordan Hansel SK Ball State

Jordan Nevels UK and later went to North Folk State I think that is the school.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.