TCU 21 Wisconsin 19

swamprat

Watched the game in WISCONSIN with family, with every neice, nephew, cousin, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, armed in full BADGER gear. Great game, great time had by all. 83-year-old dad is a HUGE Badger fan. Who knows if I will ever get to watch WISCONSIN in the Rose Bowl with Dad again. Memories to last a lifetime. That's the stuff that life is made of.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed the difference I thought..

Are you kidding me. Wisconsin's coach beat himself...

You line up in the shotgun formation on your two point conversion after you just ground and pounded your way into the endzone? Are you serious? Wisconsin beat themselves in this one.

Good game. TCU deserves to be Co-National Champs. If I was TCU I would by T-shirts, hats, and a banner that says National Champs.

Ans shove them in the drawer with those of Auburn in 2004. TCU is very good though. I said before and during the game that I thought it would be the best bowl game of the season and it may just be. I had Wisconsin winning a close one though.

You line up in the shotgun formation on your two point conversion after you just ground and pounded your way into the endzone? Are you serious? Wisconsin beat themselves in this one.

I thought Wisconsin really put themselves in a bind by taking their time on the final drive. They could have put the ball in the endzone with about 4 minutes left, just in case they didn't get the two point conversion. I know they were thinking they couldn't stop TCU, but with only 1 timeout left, I think you want some time just in case you don't make the 2-pointer. I guess that just boils down to preference. I do think the Badgers would have pulled it out in OT, they were starting to run the ball really well.

That said, the Big East had better get ready to get dominated in a few years. As long as Patterson is at TCU, they're going to get bettter and better.

Watched the game in WISCONSIN with family, with every neice, nephew, cousin, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, armed in full BADGER gear. Great game, great time had by all. 83-year-old dad is a HUGE Badger fan. Who knows if I will ever get to watch WISCONSIN in the Rose Bowl with Dad again. Memories to last a lifetime. That's the stuff that life is made of.

Great post really what life is all about watching games with family and rooting for your favorite team. My mother passed away this past year and my Dad is 84 so know where you are coming from. Hope both our Dads are around to watch some more games with.

TCU proved they belonged, they can flat out play football. Like the Boise/Oklahoma game a few years ago this again proved all that schedule not enough crap is not the indicator of how good a team is.This game imo was one of the best bowl games so far. Plenty of hard hitting football, old school. I picked Wisconsin to win this one bc I thought their massive O line and backs would just pound and wear TCU down, that almost happned in the 4th qtr. but TCU "sucked it up" to win the football game.

I am not in favor of an 8 or 16 team playoff but I would love to see a plus one format. With that this game would have been one semi final and would meet the Auburn/Oregon winner next week for a National Championship.

I agree he did kill himself.. I just thought TCU looked quicker and faster than the Badgers at almost every position. JMO

Why was Wisconsin not running John Clay more in this game? He could've ran all over them the whole game.

They ran for over 200 yards and Ball had 130+ of those. The issue was the offense bogging down a few times in the red zone and kicking field goals instead of scoring touchdowns, IMO.