Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 34 Chargers 20

Featured Replies

If Palmer threw a pick 6 in this game, Im sure there would have been a thread on this game already. I wonder if people are starting to believe what me and SSC have been saying. That is the receivers did play a big part in Palmers struggles. Yes Palmer has made plenty of his own mistakes, however I think as we have seen the last two weeks. The receivers also played a big part in it. I don't think its a coincidence that Palmer has looked pretty good the last two weeks with the young guys playing. Its amazing what happens when people catches passes and are in the right spots. Not to mention the Chargers were the #1 ranked defense in the NFL.

 

Palmer 16 of 21 for 269 and 4 touchdowns. He had a near perfect passing rating of 157.2.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I can't leave out from talking about Simpson. I mentioned it in the preseason, and people laughed at me for saying it. However I said I believed Simpson could still end up being a #1 receiver on this team, and I think we are starting to see that he can be. Sometimes a players just has to be given a chance to play. Just like what we have seen with Dunlap.

 

Simpson 6 catches for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns. This coming against the #1 ranked defense in the NFL.

Great game by the Bengals against the NFL's best D. I find it funny when people bash Palmer and the Bengals when they lose and struggle, yet those same people are reluctant to give praise when they succeed and win. Microcosm of our society????? Interesting dynamic.

I'm just curious if Palmer's problems have been the receivers all season, then why hasn't this crack coaching staff stepped in and corrected things, or at least defended their franchise QB? Also curious why this same staff always seems to "find" players like Simpson, Adkins, Dunlap, Caldwell, etc. late in another hopeless season, when they're forced to play them due to injury to the so-called starters? 15 games, 4 pre-season games and multiple weeks of training camp, mini-camps, etc. and they're just finding out these kids can play??

I'm just curious if Palmer's problems have been the receivers all season, then why hasn't this crack coaching staff stepped in and corrected things, or at least defended their franchise QB? Also curious why this same staff always seems to "find" players like Simpson, Adkins, Dunlap, Caldwell, etc. late in another hopeless season, when they're forced to play them due to injury to the so-called starters? 15 games, 4 pre-season games and multiple weeks of training camp, mini-camps, etc. and they're just finding out these kids can play??

 

Normally I would chalk this up as a fluke but it was against the best D in the NFL. Makes you think...

I'm just curious if Palmer's problems have been the receivers all season, then why hasn't this crack coaching staff stepped in and corrected things, or at least defended their franchise QB? Also curious why this same staff always seems to "find" players like Simpson, Adkins, Dunlap, Caldwell, etc. late in another hopeless season, when they're forced to play them due to injury to the so-called starters? 15 games, 4 pre-season games and multiple weeks of training camp, mini-camps, etc. and they're just finding out these kids can play??

 

You hit the nail on the head. This is the typical end of a bad season that keeps the hope that maybe the team is not as bad as it's record. This is the worst thing that can happen to this franchise in that the team actually looked like they knew what they were doing today. We can only hope that they clean house with the oc and the head coach and start fresh with a new philosophy. We all know that Mike Brown is not changing things on his end and a couple of wins just gives him fuel for his management philosophy.

Normally I would chalk this up as a fluke but it was against the best D in the NFL. Makes you think...

 

San Diego mailed it in after they knew that KC had won earlier in the day. Do you think all of them guys wanted to play in the cold after halftime? They wanted to be back in sunny California as quick as they could get there.

A game thread posted two hours after the finish of a big win, and a total of 6 additional posts two hours later tell you all you need to know about the mood of this Bengal fanbase--Total Apathy!!

 

Thanks and Merry Christmas to Mike Brown!! The fans and players left who actually care deserve better!!

San Diego mailed it in after they knew that KC had won earlier in the day. Do you think all of them guys wanted to play in the cold after halftime? They wanted to be back in sunny California as quick as they could get there.

 

I don't know how in the world you can come from 75 and sunny to what they had to play in today.

Normally I would chalk this up as a fluke but it was against the best D in the NFL. Makes you think...

 

I agree, that's one of the very few things making me think the same.

Well we saw with Chris Henry that Marvin Lewis does not have complete say on who is on this team.

A game thread posted two hours after the finish of a big win, and a total of 6 additional posts two hours later tell you all you need to know about the mood of this Bengal fanbase--Total Apathy!!

 

Thanks and Merry Christmas to Mike Brown!! The fans and players left who actually care deserve better!!

 

Sadly, there would have been probably in excess of 20 additional posts had they lost and Palmer thrown for 3 picks and lost two fumbles.

I hope the Bengals can win one more and beat those Ratbirds...

Palmer played awesome today. He was accurate and had the right power on his throws. Wish he played like this all year. Bengals fans were very excited and cold.

I hope the Bengals can win one more and beat those Ratbirds...

 

They will make it 4 straight against the Ravens. I mean heck the bengals team from the first 13 weeks of the season beat them, they have no shot against them the way they are playing now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.