Bengals 34 Chargers 20

Chad could really make him look bad by shortarming balls and running bad routes.

With the Pats, I doubt that happens. They would actually hold him accountable, and he probably would start putting in the time off the field again like he use to do early in his career when he was leading the AFC in receiving for 4 straight years.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this crap again. My goodness, One good game out of 15 and all his troubles are fixed. I am officially out of the Palmer bashing/worship threads on here.

No. Carson the Great obviously had a good game. I think the point is that the apologists will hang their hats on these few games. If he has a decent game next week, we will have a full off season of how Carson isn't the problem, and he's a top 10 QB and it was Chad and TO and he didn't see the triple coverage because the sun was in his eyes, and no one has a good second string QB the line was bad and the OC is terrible, and Mike Brown sucks and blah, blah, blah , blah. Not Carson though. Nope. No way. He just showed everyone how good he is, and he is going to lead this team right back to mediocrity...

How have I changed my stance at all? I admitted Carson hasn't played that well this year, but all along I have also said there are also many other problems on this team, and some reason s for that. You talk about us being hard headed about him, however what do you think you all are being by ignoring what has happened the last two weeks. Has there been miscommunication between Palmer and these young guys? Has there been as many dropped balls? Not to mention no interceptions. When we all know that especially Chad has a history of liking to do his own thing out there, and now were not seeing Palmer looking confused at where the heck his recivers are going. The only ones being hard headed right now, is you all if you all choose to ignore that things have looked better the last two weeks without them. By the way Cats I have heard you say about 10 or more times that your done with these Carson threads, but your always back. So just stop saying that because you will be back, and get me my avatar. :D

By the way I still do think the Bengals need to clean house with coaches. Try to trade down for picks if possible, and then stilll draft a young QB like a Lockkard in the 2nd round. Stick with Palmer for next season see if he continues to look good with the changes. If he does Lockard could sit and learn for a year or two, and if Palmer struggles then go with the young guy.

Not this crap again. My goodness, One good game out of 15 and all his troubles are fixed. I am officially out of the Palmer bashing/worship threads on here.

On the other hand, Chad will not need to make 20 spectacular catches of off target passes from Brady like he did this year.

On the other hand maybe the passes wouldn't have been off target if he was in the right spot to begin with. After getting to see the last two games, you will haven't seen Palmer be off target or have those high passes. Once again maybe that has to do with the guys being in the right spot.

How have I changed my stance at all? I admitted Carson hasn't played that well this year, but all along I have also said there are also many other problems on this team, and some reason s for that. You talk about us being hard headed about him, however what do you think you all are being by ignoring what has happened the last two weeks. Has there been miscommunication between Palmer and these young guys? Has there been as many dropped balls? Not to mention no interceptions. When we all know that especially Chad has a history of liking to do his own thing out there, and now were not seeing Palmer looking confused at where the heck his recivers are going. The only ones being hard headed right now, is you all if you all choose to ignore that things have looked better the last two weeks without them. By the way Cats I have heard you say about 10 or more times that your done with these Carson threads, but your always back. So just stop saying that because you will be back, and get me my avatar. :D

By the way I still do think the Bengals need to clean house with coaches. Try to trade down for picks if possible, and then stilll draft a young QB like a Lockkard in the 2nd round. Stick with Palmer for next season see if he continues to look good with the changes. If he does Lockard could sit and learn for a year or two, and if Palmer struggles then go with the young guy.

I need help finding a good avatar. I'm trying to find one that will really suit you :thumb:.

If you look at the QBs in the NFL, there are MAYBE 15 that have the ability to be the QB for a playoff team. Carson is one of them. I'm not disagreeing with what a lot of people are saying, but CP is easily good enough if the Bengals play the way they should. If they run the ball 1st and play defense like they're capable of, then he will be fine. The are honestly 10-15 people on the planet that are the type of QBs that receive zero criticism, and Palmer is probably in the 15-20 range. The Bengals have much bigger problems than him.

The Bengals should do the following:

1) Clean house with the coaching staff and bring in a young, well-respected guy that has a good reputation. I realize that's wayyyy easier said than done, but it needs to be done IMO

2) Run, run, run, and then run some more. Let Palmer feed off the play action and then jump in the 2 minute offense a couple times a game to keep defenses on their toes. (he is actually well above average at doing that and I think it would be very successful)

3) Get everyone healthy and back to playing good, discipline defense. I think some of the problem this year is that they were always playing from behind too. You can say that shouldn't matter and they should be able to always play the same, but it does matter and momentum is huge.

4) Draft OL, OL, Pass Rusher, OL, Pass Rusher, etc etc. Basically take OL in the first round and then take either another one or a pass rusher. Whatever is the best available each round.

5) Be happy that the schedule is 10000000X easier next year.

Mike Brown is the biggest problem, but that's not going to get fixed anytime soon. And honestly I don't think this team is as bad off as some are making them out to be.

Another thing about Palmer, everyone says that chemistry is the biggest problem, and that could very well be true and honestly know one knows if it really is here. But if it is the biggest problem, then some are suggesting getting rid of Palmer, who is one of the most respected players around the team and players seem to still be behind him. So keep him around for a few more years and just hope Mike Brown gets lucky and finds lightning in a bottle with some of his atrocious decision making.

Palmer will be the QB next season. Simpson and Caldwell are heads and shoulders better than Batman and Robin. Gresham is an upgrade. Shipley should also be good next season. Keep Ced. Whitworth is a borderline pro bowler, Andre Smith was coming into his own, and should be a very good RT next season. C is good enough. What's left? 2 Guards? Draft 2 quality OL. Defense comes back healthy, must keep Joseph. Draft DL and Safety. So really what we are saying is the parts have been here all along. Should be a playoff team. Right?

Palmer will be the QB next season. Simpson and Caldwell are heads and shoulders better than Batman and Robin. Gresham is an upgrade. Shipley should also be good next season. Keep Ced. Whitworth is a borderline pro bowler, Andre Smith was coming into his own, and should be a very good RT next season. C is good enough. What's left? 2 Guards? Draft 2 quality OL. Defense comes back healthy, must keep Joseph. Draft DL and Safety. So really what we are saying is the parts have been here all along. Should be a playoff team. Right?

Who hacked this guys account?

Who hacked this guys account?

No. It's me. I'm just trying to figure this thing out from all that's been said on here. From what we have been saying, is this team should be good next year. Now if they're not, I'm just wondering what the excuses might be, because from what I'm hearing, if the OC, HC, and the two bad WRs go, there is no reason at all for them not to be in the playoffs. Should be interesting.

No. It's me. I'm just trying to figure this thing out from all that's been said on here. From what we have been saying, is this team should be good next year. Now if they're not, I'm just wondering what the excuses might be, because from what I'm hearing, if the OC, HC, and the two bad WRs go, there is no reason at all for them not to be in the playoffs. Should be interesting.

Kind of. Depends who all they bring in to coach, and some other changes they make. They have one good offensive lineman IMO and thats Whitworth. I am not one of the people who thought Andre Smith was coming into his own. Sure seemed like he was still messing up a lot to me, and honestly I think his future in the NFL will be at guard like a few other top 10 draft picks who couldn't make it as a tackle in the NFL. I like Simpson as a potential #1 guy, however I am still not big on Caldwell as a #2. They will need to draft a receiver in the draft in the 3rd or 4th rounds IMO, which sounds like it will be a deep and talented draft for WR's. They definitely need to sign Joseph back, and it doesn't look like Benson wants to be back. So the RB position needs to be addressed in the off season. They need to find a good safety on defense, and still need to build the defensive line. Even though it does look like its getting better with the young guys. I also believe they do need to at least draft a young QB in the draft like a Lockkard in the 2nd round.

So they do have some things that have to be addressed in the off season, and if they don't address them then no I don't think they will be a playoff team. I think they will be about an 8 and 8 team, however if they address these things, then I think they will be a playoff team. It will be an interesting off season.

Really makes me want to renew my season tickets with all this hope, right!!

I know your post was totally sarcastic, but they actaully have a guard that's been playing really well based on some statistics that a site uses. I don't think Simpson and Caldwell are better than the two divas but I'd like to see the divas gone. Oh and you can put me on the list as a person who believes they can win about 9 games next year if Marvin and CP come back and I hate Marvin.

I know your post was totally sarcastic, but they actaully have a guard that's been playing really well based on some statistics that a site uses. I don't think Simpson and Caldwell are better than the two divas but I'd like to see the divas gone. Oh and you can put me on the list as a person who believes they can win about 9 games next year if Marvin and CP come back and I hate Marvin.

I'm not really being sarcastic. I am addressing the talking points of those like you who honestly believe the Bengals aren't that far away from returning to the playofffs. Some keys that are immediate concerns in my eyes are Benson and Joseph. I'd assume they'd franchise one of them, and my guess would be Ced. If they can keep both, and I don't think CP is going anywhere, then is it safe to assume, the upgrades need to be made on the OL and at Safety? If those areas are addressed, and the two divas are gone, are we looking at what should be a playoff team?

I'm not really being sarcastic. I am addressing the talking points of those like you who honestly believe the Bengals aren't that far away from returning to the playofffs. Some keys that are immediate concerns in my eyes are Benson and Joseph. I'd assume they'd franchise one of them, and my guess would be Ced. If they can keep both, and I don't think CP is going anywhere, then is it safe to assume, the upgrades need to be made on the OL and at Safety? If those areas are addressed, and the two divas are gone, are we looking at what should be a playoff team?

The thing about the NFL is it's made so that you can easily rebound from a 4 win season. Playing the NFC West compared to the NFC South should be a great benefit along with playing the 3 last place AFC teams and missing the AFC East. The AFC East swept the Gals and they managed 1 win against the NFC. The Bengals have a ton of issues. CP being inconsistent at times and brutally bad at times is an issue. Marvin having no clue how to use the clock cost them at least 2 chances to win games. I really think they are capable of competing for a playoff spot next year by winning 3 games in the division, 3 against the NFC, and the 2 of the 3 against teams that finish 4th in the AFC. If they sneak 1 more win against Indy, Jax, or Houston that's 9 wins. The big problem with the Bengals to me is they are so inept at some things that 10-6 and an early playoff loss is probably their ceiling without big changes. They have a terrible owner/GM. A coach that isn't godd at any part of coaching a game, and a QB that isn't elite. Their D should be more healthy and you would hope some of the progress shown by Johnson and especially Dunlap means they can put pressure on the QB. The other problem because of the bad management and coaching is it's just as likely they keep Lewis and don't hit a HR with their draft pick and win 4 or 5 games next year if somehitng doesn't go their way. As terrible as the Gals were this year if they didn't botch the TB and Cleveland games early they would have been a lot better IMO.