December 22, 201015 yr Doron Lamb breaks Jamal Mashburn's freshman scoring record with 32 points. 7 of 8 from three. I love ESPN3.
December 22, 201015 yr Jones didn't have a very good game, but man was Lamb on fire! Nice game by Liggins as well...9 points, 9 assists, 3 rebounds, and only 2 turnovers.
December 23, 201015 yr Doesn't seem like Terrence Jones plays very well during those early afternoon games. I said it before the season that Doron Lamb was going to be my favorite player this year, glad he's making me proud. I know Winthrop isn't a very good team, but its nice to see us completely put away teams that we should...unlike last year. Seems like we had an issue with that.
December 23, 201015 yr I hope i'm wrong, but being up by 25+ in the second half in the last few games may come back to haunt UK. Only playing 7 guys up by a large margin, what if one of the main players get hurt? How can the 8-10 players get any experience if they ever are needed? Not too uncommon to have two players go down in a game, then you have to throw these players in the fire when they have little experience with PT. I just think with only 10 players UK has to be thinking of this situation.
December 23, 201015 yr I hope i'm wrong, but being up by 25+ in the second half in the last few games may come back to haunt UK. Only playing 7 guys up by a large margin, what if one of the main players get hurt? How can the 8-10 players get any experience if they ever are needed? Not too uncommon to have two players go down in a game, then you have to throw these players in the fire when they have little experience with PT. I just think with only 10 players UK has to be thinking of this situation. If UK has any chance of being successful this year those 8-10 players will remain on the bench.
December 23, 201015 yr If UK has any chance of being successful this year those 8-10 players will remain on the bench.So you would risk injury while blowing someone out? As well as great opportunities to get them in more than just 2 minutes or under a game? If you have a huge lead and put them in the last half of the 2nd who cares if you don't win by 25-35+. Don't be surprised if Poole doesn't come back. UK will have just a good of a chance getting them PT, when UK is up huge.
December 23, 201015 yr So you would risk injury while blowing someone out? As well as great opportunities to get them in more than just 2 minutes or under a game? If you have a huge lead and put them in the last half of the 2nd who cares if you don't win by 25-35+. Don't be surprised if Poole doesn't come back. UK will have just a good of a chance getting them PT, when UK is up huge. If they are marginal players, I could see your point, but they are not.
December 23, 201015 yr I can't figure out for the life of me why Miller's starting over Lamb, but I suppose if it's not broken don't fix it.
December 23, 201015 yr I can't figure out for the life of me why Miller's starting over Lamb, but I suppose if it's not broken don't fix it. Miller with another Amber Alert type shooting day... 1-4 from the field. He did have 9 rebounds.
December 23, 201015 yr Never understood the fear of players getting hurt during a game. They practice every day. Couldn't they get hurt there as well?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.