Kentucky 89 Winthrop 52

swamprat

I can't figure out for the life of me why Miller's starting over Lamb, but I suppose if it's not broken don't fix it.

I know how you feel. I've always lived by the idea that you start your best five, regardless of whether or not they fit the traditional starting five breakdown. But for some reason that I honestly don't know, I like Lamb coming off the bench even though he's clearly one of our best 3-4 players.

And as UKMF stated, very nice game from Liggins. Cal has worked wonders with him in a similar way that Ricky P worked with Nazr.

I know how you feel. I've always lived by the idea that you start your best five, regardless of whether or not they fit the traditional starting five breakdown. But for some reason that I honestly don't know, I like Lamb coming off the bench even though he's clearly one of our best 3-4 players.

You know I would agree except for my experience in high school. Not to toot the MJ horn, but I started the first half of the season my senior. Halfway through the coach pulled my aside and said that he was going to bring me off the bench so that our team would be taller to start the game. I wound up with more PT than I was when I was starting, and was always in during the crucial parts of the game. It was probably better for the team, and didn't hurt me cause I still got my PT...hurt my pride a little, but oh well. Doesn't seem to affect Lamb.

And as UKMF stated, very nice game from Liggins. Cal has worked wonders with him in a similar way that Ricky P worked with Nazr.

I have always been a fan of bringing a dynamic player off the bench. I still contend a big reason UK received the overall #1 seed in 2004 (year they lost to UAB) was because of the late season injury to Gerald Fitch. If you remember, Barbour started in his place and Fitch started coming off the bench. For whatever reason, UK started rolling through the remainder of the SEC slate with that lineup. Fitch was an above average spark off the bench. Heck, he was their leading scorer. He was reinstated as starter first round of the NCAA tournament and they did not look right either of the games.

Miller with another Amber Alert type shooting day... 1-4 from the field. He did have 9 rebounds.

You people might as well quit complaining about Miller. If you watched the game he hardly touched the ball in the first half on offense. When Jones and Knight come down and take turns shooting every possession thats what is going to happen. It was around the six minute mark before Miller took his first shot or had an opportunity to take one. He plays defense and rebounds and gave out some good assists when he could have taken his own shot. Points are not the whole game and when Lamb, Knight, and Jones are shooting there are not too many left over. Jones looked like a ball hog yesterday in the first half. If you are hitting go for it but he was taking bad shots every trip down the floor for about 5 possessions.

You people might as well quit complaining about Miller. If you watched the game he hardly touched the ball in the first half on offense. When Jones and Knight come down and take turns shooting every possession thats what is going to happen. It was around the six minute mark before Miller took his first shot or had an opportunity to take one. He plays defense and rebounds and gave out some good assists when he could have taken his own shot. Points are not the whole game and when Lamb, Knight, and Jones are shooting there are not too many left over. Jones looked like a ball hog yesterday in the first half. If you are hitting go for it but he was taking bad shots every trip down the floor for about 5 possessions.

I am not complaining, just pointing out the stat. You can blame it on Jones and Knight hogging the ball, but I view it more as Miller just being a passive type guy who does not invoke his skill set which restricts his ability. I look at someone like Liggins who I feel maximizes his skill set within the flow of the team... same for Harrellson.

I am not complaining, just pointing out the stat. You can blame it on Jones and Knight hogging the ball, but I view it more as Miller just being a passive type guy who does not invoke his skill set which restricts his ability. I look at someone like Liggins who I feel maximizes his skill set within the flow of the team... same for Harrellson.

Maybe he is just using his ability where it is needed on this team. Rebounding and defense more than scoring. :D