Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Free Antivirus Protection

Featured Replies

With the move into the new house, we're cutting our COMCAST, they provided free Norton AV protection that protected against everything, virus', spyware, malware, etc.

 

Are there any free programs that do the same, or is it just best to buy a product?

 

Thanks.

I use the free version of AVG and it seems to work well.

I use the free version of AVG and it seems to work well.

 

Ditto

I use the free version of AVG and it seems to work well.

 

Same here.

Makes four of us, AVG seems to work well for me. I also recommend Malewarebytes, which is also free. Props to Swamprat for that. :thumb:

I use the free version of AVG and Malewarebytes and uninstalled the McAfee stuff that came with the computer. No problems.

I use the free version of AVG and it seems to work well.
I've been using AVG for 7 or 8 years now.
I use the free version of AVG and Malewarebytes and uninstalled the McAfee stuff that came with the computer. No problems.

 

Dittos.

Makes four of us, AVG seems to work well for me. I also recommend Malewarebytes, which is also free. Props to Swamprat for that. :thumb:

 

Agree. I remember a while back I posted about a nasty virus that was called "personal antivirus". Swamprat posted about Malewarebytes and got that off for me. I've used it ever since and I've never had a problem with it.

AVG is where its at.

I have been happy using Microsoft Security Essentials. Our IT people have moved us from McAfee to this product.

I've switched from AVG to Avast simply because my computer is old and AVG was slowing it down.

As nWo pointed out, AVG has become a resource hog, much like Norton. I removed AVG from all of my computers and got an immediate performance boost. Microsoft Security Essentials works great, but Avast is better, and neither of those taxes the hard drive and memory.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.