Free Antivirus Protection

billwilliams70

As nWo pointed out, AVG has become a resource hog, much like Norton. I removed AVG from all of my computers and got an immediate performance boost. Microsoft Security Essentials works great, but Avast is better, and neither of those taxes the hard drive and memory.

Good to know, I may have to switch.

As nWo pointed out, AVG has become a resource hog, much like Norton. I removed AVG from all of my computers and got an immediate performance boost. Microsoft Security Essentials works great, but Avast is better, and neither of those taxes the hard drive and memory.
Didn't know that, thanks for the info, swamprat!

Good to know, I may have to switch.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info, swamprat!
Same here, thanks.

I have been happy using Microsoft Security Essentials. Our IT people have moved us from McAfee to this product.

That's been a tremendous one for me as well. Haven't seen anything protect as well as MSE, and not slow anything down.