Park Hills Mafia and Wirth

Spartan79

People, stop replying to this thread. It's obviously made up to get a rise out of people, from someone so close to the program they can't spell Coach Wirth's name correctly. Don't dignify it with a response.

I heard they were looking for another volunteer radio crew also! Not happy about Grandma Baumgartner getting so much air time! :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard they were looking for another volunteer radio crew also! Not happy about Grandma Baumgartner getting so much air time! :D
Hey! She's a sponsor now. You have to respect that kind of commitment.

Of course, it is her kids' (Benny an Bertha Baumgartner) inheritance that she's putting into the deal.

Successful.

This year they had less upperclassmen and less developed talent than they had last year, yet they managed to keep the same record as last year with their 6 losses coming to Ryle, Cincinnati LaSalle, New Cath, Highlands, Louisville St. X, and Johnson Central. The only games that Cov Cath would have gone into with any kind of justifiable argument that they should have won were New Cath and Johnson Central. New Cath is very obvious 2A state contender with some real talent and a moderate rivalry against Cov Cath, and Johnson Central is a potential 5A state champion depending on how they fare against Highlands - a game that they are capable of winning.

In the 2009 season, Cov Cath scored 359 points and allowed 368. In the 2010 season they scored 383 and allowed 375. Their points scored increased by a larger rate than their points allowed, which as a generality, points towards success. They also scored more points than last season with a sophomore quarterback.

No doubt there is disappointment amongst the seniors that they didn't at very least get back to Ft. Thomas, but still, if you stand back and look at the team as a part of a program, it was a successful year.

Neutral year like the record indicates...the Colonels simply can' t lose to NCC. I know they may win the 2A crown, but that is 3 levels below CCH. Also Beechwood was a tight game. I think CovCath is moving in the right direction, but it is going more slowly than I would have thought.

I think the better question is Did CCH have a successful or unsuccessful year?

I believe they had a good year because they got better as the year went on...they did play a very tough schedule! But if the parents are getting upsest about losing to Highlands they need to get over that. Highlands is on a nice run and the freshman a sophmore class is loaded. So i think it is unfair to judge them on that. CC has some very good young talent coming up and they are going to be good. It is just unfortunate that Highlands is loaded. This was the year for NKY to beat them because it will be tough to beat them the next 3 yrs.

Actually, Coach Wirth would have told you that he thought CovCath should have won each and ever game this season.

What Coach would you want coaching your team, that goals weren't to win each and ever game they played?

Coach Wirth understands the expectation that comes with being the Head Football Coach at CovCath but look for Coach Wirth to be here for years, as he truly loves CovCath and more importantly the students!

I haven't spoke to one football player since Coach Wirth arrived at CovCath, who has told me he disliked playing for the man!

Edited by Theoldguy

I am on the outside looking in ... being a Beechwood fan. Please excuse me if my comments offend anyone but I am just stating facts. This season for CCH was their typical season based on recent history. Take away the 2006 state title team, and CCH has been around a .500 team since their excellent run in the mid 90's that ended with a state title in 97. People who think CCH is on the same level as Highlands are delusional and those are most likely the people that are complaining about Wirth, if they truly are out there. In Ray's last 7 seasons, CCH had a losing record in 4 of them. CCH was just a shade over .500 in those 7 seasons. Since Ray retired, excepting the 2006 season, CCH is 7-5 (Rhodenburg), 5-7 (Brossart), 5-7 (Brossart) and 6-6 the last two years under Wirth. If so called "mafia members" expect 11-3 every year, they need to do a little self analysis.

Now, does that mean CCH can't get to Highlands level? No. They draw students from a wide area due to St. Henry having no football and I believe CCH can get to a higher level than we have seen over the vast majority of the past 13 years. And I think Wirth can get it done. He does seem to have the support of the overwhelming majority of the CCH fans and that says a lot by itself. CCH's freshman teams have been very good the past three years so there should be the talent there to get over the hump so to speak. I see zero cause for anyone to be disappointed in Wirth at this time. If they are, they are just delusional. Just my opinion as an innocent bystander.