Park Hills Mafia and Wirth

Spartan79

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard the Park Hills Mafia wants Worth's head after CCH's unsuccessful year. Any truth in this?

You can't be serious. I think these parents need to realize it's a little more than the Coaches. Look in the mirror parents. I mean c'mon, CCH had HHS on the ropes and they lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs to arguably the best team in the state. A serious question to the Colonel faithful. Where did everybody expect this team to finish? Seriously!!!

Wasn't everybody saying that it's the next two classes that will turn it around. You have to give a coach some time don't you. If not, where do you turn?

Heard the Park Hills Mafia wants Worth's head after CCH's unsuccessful year. Any truth in this?

Unsuccessful year? Playing what I have heard was one of the toughest schedule in the Commonwealth, I am proud of what this team accomplished. Coach Wirth has this team headed in right direction and the proof is a Beechwood fan is the person who is making the claim!

Or is Clyde assumption correct, in that you are speaking for a upset parent?

Just because Spartan79 might be a Beechwood supporter doesn't mean he lacks knowledge about the situation! I wouldn't discount what he is saying as there is a lot of cross over in the community. The players are often neighbors or friends of your kid. They boys played youth football together so parents got to know each other there. I never knew who the "Park Hills Mafia" was so we could be guessing who currently is complaining is part of that group. I've heard parents complain about some position coaches but not about Coach Wirth!

Coach Wirth has improved the team and the program each of the past 2 years. Is it where CovCath fans want or expect it to be? NO. Are there disgruntled parents and players? yes there are. Are there disgruntled parents at Beechwood, Ryle, Highlands etc. yes there are. Are the administration and boosters of CovCath doubting or losing faith in Coach Wirth? No

CovCath expectations are very high, so there will always be those who are unhappy with a 6-6 season, including Coach Wirth. Do the vast majority of CovCath faithful feel things are heading in the right direction, I would say yes.

I missed the last Park Hills Mafia meeting so I don't know what was on the agenda. Be careful painting with a broad brush. A few disgruntled parents does not mean all parents are searching the garage for the pitch forks and torches. Being upset with a coach on the staff does not means people are getting their 'Throw the bums out' signs out from the last election.

Mr. Wirth is going to be fine. He is a young guy and has a bunch to learn about teenage boysl, but he'll get the time he needs to be successful at CovCath.

This past Friday I missed the Cov Cath/JC football game because I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at a retreat center up in Ohio with 32 of the senior Colonels helping lead a Christian Awakening retreat. None of the football Colonels were there - obviously - but there were several of them that showed up at the retreat closing in the cafeteria at Cov Cath last night following the retreat. I talked with several of them, and several of their parents, and heard nothing but praise and hope for the Cov Cath football program...not one single negative word about the football program, or the coaches running it.

Would I doubt that there's a parent or two out there who's angry because "their boy didn't get a state ring"? Not one bit. Any truth to the "Park Hills Mafia wanting Wirth's head after CCH's unsuccessful year"? Not one bit.