Park Hills Mafia and Wirth

Spartan79

A little trouble believing this. All because one or two parents say something doesn't mean its what everyone wants/thinks. CCH has some talent coming in. The 8th grade team just won the championship and the past two freshman teams have done very well. THey also had many juniors and sophomores playing this year. With the third year of his offense coming up things should be even better. Look for Bir to have a huge year next year. This will also be another year of his weight and conditioning program. Things will only get better in Park Hills. In four years if CCH is having losing seasons then we can have this discusion. But not now.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the past few seasons, I would call it a success-in-progress.

:thumb: I think this is an accurate description of the Colonels' 2010 season.

I am not sure what the Park Hills Mafia is, but I am pretty sure it is not meant as a compliment. So I say embrace and roll with it. Since it is imaginary, I figure why not come in big. To that end I have appointed myself Don. Colonels Wear Blue has offered his services as Consigliere. I nominate CovCathiradio to join as either Sonny or Luca Brasi. The Old Guy can be Tessio (Godfather I Tessio, not Godfather II Tessio).

I have not heard anything, even a whisper, about wanting to replace Coach Wirth...or is it Wuirth?? IMO, most Colonel fans recognize changing head coaches 3 times in 4 years has taken its toll on the program. On the positive side, the pot stirrers (outside agitators...probably from the Barzini or Tatalia Families) will soon turn the page on the Coach Weuirth whisper campaign in favor of starting rumors on Coach Listermen.

I'd say this season had unfulfilled goals. I would think that they wanted to have a winning record and make it past the 2nd round. Neither of those things happened.

I agree that this season was not what it could have been. The blow out loss to Ryle and La Salle, while explainable were a disappointment. The loss to NewCath was a disappointment. The loss to Highlands was also a disappoinment, because losing to them is always disappointing in Park Hills.

On the positive side the team got better, never gave up and kept the program moving forward.

The loss to Johnson Central was a real kick to the stomach, because unlike the past 2 years they had every opportunity to win this year but could not get over the dropped TD, the loss of Ritter and the onside kick. Had only 2 of those 3 things happened, I think they still win the game, but momentum in HS football is a huge factor.

To summarize the season had unfullfilled goals, but the progress made was significant. All involved want and expect more, but realize that the program is headed in the right direction. Do we want it to happen faster, yes. Is anyone who counts calling for Coach Wirth's head ABSOLUTELY not!

I agree that this season was not what it could have been. The blow out loss to Ryle and La Salle, while explainable were a disappointment. The loss to NewCath was a disappointment. The loss to Highlands was also a disappoinment, because losing to them is always disappointing in Park Hills.

On the positive side the team got better, never gave up and kept the program moving forward.

The loss to Johnson Central was a real kick to the stomach, because unlike the past 2 years they had every opportunity to win this year but could not get over the dropped TD, the loss of Ritter and the onside kick. Had only 2 of those 3 things happened, I think they still win the game, but momentum in HS football is a huge factor.

To summarize the season had unfullfilled goals, but the progress made was significant. All involved want and expect more, but realize that the program is headed in the right direction. Do we want it to happen faster, yes. Is anyone who counts calling for Coach Wirth's head ABSOLUTELY not!

OK Vince, I will play Devil's Advocate here. In the JC/CCH thread, you seemed frustrated that zero in game adjustments were made by the CCH coaching staff, correct? Now you seem to be blaming the loss on a dropped TD, losing Ritter and an onside kick. I'm confused due to your mixed messages. Which is it, failure to make adjustments during the game or the three "bad breaks" that CCH experienced during the game? On one hand, you seemed to be calling out the coaching staff, and now you seem to be backing off of that stance.

Do you think CCH will never beat HHS again. C'mon, that's just silly.

Asking a question is not making a "never" statement, which is rarely accurate.

A victory in the near future over the birds does not look imminent; the Birds are young and the "super talented" freshman class at CCH was routed twice. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

OK Vince, I will play Devil's Advocate here. In the JC/CCH thread, you seemed frustrated that zero in game adjustments were made by the CCH coaching staff, correct? Now you seem to be blaming the loss on a dropped TD, losing Ritter and an onside kick. I'm confused due to your mixed messages. Which is it, failure to make adjustments during the game or the three "bad breaks" that CCH experienced during the game? On one hand, you seemed to be calling out the coaching staff, and now you seem to be backing off of that stance.

Do I think they could have tried other defensive adjustments in the 2nd half? Yes I do. Do I blame the coach's for the loss no I don't. It's not like they were out schemed on defense, they were simply outmanned. My point was that sometimes you are outmanned, and you have to get Creative to force the action.

I also said in the JC/CCH thread that I thought that Coach Wirth was the right guy for the job.

Of the 3 things I mentioned that CovCath didn't overcome, only the onsides Kick did I see as a "bad break". I haven't watched the film, but live it sure appeared that a JC player touched the ball at about the 48 or 49 yard line. The other two items were in CovCath's control. I say this because I don't want to diminish what JC accomplished last Friday, by implying that "bad breaks' caused CovCath to lose. My intent is that those 3 items together in relative quick succession changed the momentum so much that CovCath could not recover quickly enough to win the game.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument...

I suppose it's going to be a topic that someone drudges back up from time to time, and given the fact that Cov Cath just lost in the playoffs, it's not surprising that the discussion of Coach Brossart takes place now. I'll readily admit that he, for one reason or another, was not supported as well as Coach Wirth has been. Could Cov Cath have given Brossart another year to try to improve? Yes. Did they? No. That's fact.

Still, to speculate that the obvious difference in the Brossart point spreads and Wirth point spreads in the Highlands/Cov Cath games is because the Wirth coaching staff has "a little support" is ludicrous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're trying to allege that Cov Cath has gone from fielding a team that lost by as much as 40 points and 61 points to Highlands, and then in two years reduced that to a 7 point loss in a game that came down to the last play, and that's all because the coaching staff has "a little support" from the Cov Cath community?