Highlands Adds 2 OH Teams for 2011

Sweeperboy

Maybe SK can do the same! Oh, wait a minute, you already played New Richmond and Schroeder. My bad!

If Coach M hurries, I think you can still get a game with SCPA. I hear their new facilities are fantastic!

As the saying goes, "now that's funny right there!"

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Birdflu

Highlands has to schedule smart (as does every other team). Some people want Highlands to play Trinity, Louisville St. X and Cincinnati St. X, plus Elder and Colerain (not to mention Simon Kenton) every year. But face it, Highlands can't handle Simon Kenton every year. The others, maybe. Seriously though, one or two of the big teams (not back to back), is all they should attempt. You have to keep the eye on the prize, The State Championship.

So, the Birds now have for 2011:

Boyle Co.

CovCath

Elder (OH)

Harrison Co.

Holmes

Mason (OH)

Mason Co.

Pendleton Co.

Ryle

SK has one last chance to fit in, but now I'm sure there will be an excuse about the weeks just don't work out. The Ducks had their chance to step up. The Birds could not wait any longer. Nice schedule and the only real "Cake games" are beyond their control. Good work by the Birds.

Wow, that's a tough schedule.

Someone tell Marksberry that time and space are running out!

That's what he's counting on. Wait until the schedule is full and then tell everyone that he tried to schedule the birds. If he wanted to schedule Highlands, they would be on the schedule aready. JMO

The Elder game will be a boom for the Ft. Thomas community economy. Especially the bars and Resteraunts. Not only do the Panther faithful travel, they travel with a big time hunger and thirst!

The Elder faithfull started arriving at Trinity this year between 5:00 and 5:30. They came in three commercial busses and in many campers. They had the grills going strong. Between both fan bases, St. Mathews was covered in smoke with the smell of meat being grilled. It was a beautiful thing. Besides every seat being sold, they were standing 3-4 deep completely around the field. A great highlight from the Elder game below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TrinityAthletics#p/a/u/1/LUTJhPa-Dh8

So, the Birds now have for 2011:

Boyle Co.

CovCath

Elder (OH)

Harrison Co.

Holmes

Mason (OH)

Mason Co.

Pendleton Co.

Ryle

SK has one last chance to fit in, but now I'm sure there will be an excuse about the weeks just don't work out. The Ducks had their chance to step up. The Birds could not wait any longer. Nice schedule and the only real "Cake games" are beyond their control. Good work by the Birds.

Too bad Uncle Dudley ducked the Birds as well for next yr. Bell would have been a nice touch of flavor to an already nice schedule. I personally like how Dale asked SK 3 times to play and then moved on to bigger and better programs. Good for him. Final spot for 2011 will be a dandy according to my sources. Ya want to talk about "Brutal" Highlands is taking their program to another level if that is possible in 2011. Go Birds 20n10