Sparky Anderson has died at 76

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will always cherish Sparky, just as I cherish my childhood and those days of the Big Red Machine. It was great to grow up in KY in those days. I guess I miss all of that for the most selfish reason of all . . . I was young, and so were they.

God's blessings be with Sparky and his family right now. :cry:

I will always cherish Sparky, just as I cherish my childhood and those days of the Big Red Machine. It was great to grow up in KY in those days. I guess I miss all of that for the most selfish reason of all . . . I was young, and so were they.

God's blessings be with Sparky and his family right now. :cry:

My feelings exactly. RIP Sparky

If you're of a certain age you can picture Sparky coming out of the dugout to argue with or question an umpire with his hands in his back pockets. He did that because of an incident he had in the minors. An argument got heated with arms flailing and it ended up with Sparky and the umpire rolling around on the ground. Of course Sparky was ejected. While sitting in the lockerroom he figured his days as a manager were over. The umpire came in and said "you were out of line but so was I. I'm not going to write this up."

Sparky decided then and there to keep his hands in his pockets as much as possible.

Loved Sparky's no nonsense approach. If you played for Sparky, you always knew where you stood. I heard where he had told his wife that he did not want any kind of funeral or memorial service. Sounds just like Sparky, he never made anything about himself. RIP Sparky.