Ryle 28 Highlands 26

You guys can't be serious, Highlands stayed #1 when they beat Ryle, they should now lose #1 spot because they lost to Ryle. Highlands was better earlier in the season, it appears as though Ryle is the better team at this point in the season. Unless you have a QB or RB that's a game changer out of the lineup then it's highly unlikely that any one voting in the polls is going to take in to account how banged up your team is. All they'll be looking at is that it was a loss.

Again, not making excuses for Highlands but can you honestly say not having your two stud lb'ers doesn't hurt against a team like Ryle?

Come on SF, I know you're better than that. Take Baldwin and Lockard away from Sk and Ryle runs all over them too.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Ryle. Over the past two years Ryle has really made a commitment to take the next step, agreeing to play Highlands four times in two years. It seems that their commitment paid dividends tonight as the accomplished something no KY team has done since 2006... beat Highlands.

It sounded like HHS stepped up and played tough in the fourth quarter, but came up just a bit too short. Work hard and stay focused on the goal of winning the 5A state title. Go 'Birds!

Man, I knew it would end sometime, but it's hard to believe HHS is no longer tops in NKY. For all the HHS players and coaches who were part of HHS' amazing run of wins, with only one out-of-state loss since 2006, well done... it was a heck of a ride!!!

I agree on all accounts.

I didn't think it's happen, but I said before the season started, if the streak was going to end it'd be to Ryle in one of the two games this year.

Again, not making excuses for Highlands but can you honestly say not having your two stud lb'ers doesn't hurt against a team like Ryle?

Come on SF, I know you're better than that. Take Baldwin and Lockard away from Sk and Ryle runs all over them too.

Agreed, but you also know I wouldn't say SK shouldn't drop spots in a loss. I'm just saying that there's no shame in dropping in a poll after a loss and that's how I think it should be. They're obviously still #2 in NKY and I believe that if they play 10 times Highlands probably beats Ryle 6 or 7 out of 10 maybe more who knows. Ryle had a good game plan and they executed well, they really took advantage of their size up front.

Congratulations to the Bluebird defense. They played one heck of a game against a team that "willed" a win. Gold got hurt, Huddleston, and Seidl and they still almost won the game. Sullivan is a big loss also. When Seidl went out, Hempel ran it in on the next play. We all know that a healthy Highlands Defense does not get 28 scored on them. Dale's decision to go for 2 didn't lose the game for Highlands. They simply did not have the ball enough to win. This loss is the least of Highlands' problems. They're injured bad and the playoffs loom on the horizon.

The Birds were getting beat on the the line, the missed extra points also hurt...but the real shame is that the game was decided by such a badly missed fumble call, which Ryle turned into a TD.

Come on Birdsfan your better than that. That play didnt decide the game. It would have helped the Birds but they didnt stop the Raiders all night and their defense lived on the field.

Im afraid you may be right. Highlands will see that kind of a powerful running game when they visit Johnson Central in week 3 of the playoffs, if they advance that far.

If who advances that far? Are you talking about Highlands? Man, they went from the top spot in the state to not making it to the 3rd round of the playoffs.