Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LCA - NCC Predictions

Featured Replies

LCA's players have that look in their eyes. They took the field last Friday and weren't the least bit intimidated by the almighty Beechwood's record, history, or coach. For those that think that LCA can't win over 2 Northern Kentucky opponents in a row are in for a suprise, because these seniors are on a mission, and they won't stop untill they get to Louisville. It will be interesting to see how both teams tremendous skill players battle it out, but I believe that LCA has too much team speed and experience for NCC in this one.

 

LCA 35

NCC 24

 

Experience?? I'm not a New Cath fan but I'm pretty sure a lot of their players have been starting since they were in the 10th and 11th grade. They will stop if they get beat on Friday.

  • Replies 134
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always tell the new kid on the block after the first big upset. It almost never makes it past try #2...

NewCath 35

Lex Christian 21

I think LCA quiteted some doubters... LCA gets an even bigger upset this week vs. NewCath!

 

I dont think it was a matter of them silencing doubters I just dont think anyone ever heard of the.

Experience?? I'm not a New Cath fan but I'm pretty sure a lot of their players have been starting since they were in the 10th and 11th grade. They will stop if they get beat on Friday.

If that's true then that's a significant factor, far more than "tradition." As you know, I believe there is no substitute for varsity experience.

 

Of LCA's 8 seniors, all but 1 have 3 full years of varsity experience (the last one has "only" 2 years of experience. Also, 2 Juniors have 2 years of V. experience. I weigh that heavily; waaaaaay more than tradition.

 

If NCC has as many players with that kind of experience I will re-evaluate my prediction.

If that's true then that's a significant factor, far more than "tradition." As you know, I believe there is no substitute for varsity experience.

 

Of LCA's 8 seniors, all but 1 have 3 full years of varsity experience (the last one has "only" 2 years of experience. Also, 2 Juniors have 2 years of V. experience. I weigh that heavily; waaaaaay more than tradition.

 

If NCC has as many players with that kind of experience I will re-evaluate my prediction.[/QUOT

 

Yes all of there seniors have been starting for 2 years and 4have been 3 starting for 3 years.I know of 4 Jr's that this is there 2 year starting.They have 8 seniors starting total I think.

Just remember that it doesn't matter who won against who, nor how much experience that players have. What matters is the matchups. That is what makes high school football so much fun. Just look at NCC losing to Beechwood in a close game and LCA beats Beechwood soundly. None of that matters. Any team can have a great night on any given night. This game should be a super one. Two powerful offenses and two stingy defenses. It may come down to special teams that decides this one. Good Luck to both teams. Whoever wins goes to the final four! That is definitely worth laying it on the line and playing for.

From what I've heard LCA is a running team. If so then the Breds are going to take this one. They have a good enough secondary to consistantly cover the pass while stacking up on the run. I expect NCC to win the game by no more than 2 touchdowns, but they will win.

 

Comments about the Bellevue game since the thread is locked. No response is needed. Great job by the Breds. I underestimated their secondary. The secondary played good enough to cover the receivers even though the box was stacked. I don't know what happened to Bellevue's blocking. Adams was getting hit by 3 or 4 guys every play at the line, but usually the first guy or even second guy never took him down. Sometimes he was getting hit as soon as he took the hand off. It was an all around bad performance by the Tigers. I was glad to see Adams return the kick though. I hated to see them go out like this after such a great season.

Bellevue's blockers? I believe they were useless due to the penetration of the thoroughbreds d- line and they reads made by the linebackers.... Dont tell me that Adams wasn't being blocked for...They were trying, but they weren't good enough to block the NC defenders

Bellevue's blockers? I believe they were useless due to the penetration of the thoroughbreds d- line and they reads made by the linebackers.... Dont tell me that Adams wasn't being blocked for...They were trying, but they weren't good enough to block the NC defenders :flame:

Take I-75 North toward Cincinnati

 

Merge onto I-275 E via exit 185

 

Take KY-17 Exit 80 toward Covington/Independence

 

Merge onto KY-17 N toward Covington

 

End at 2500 Madison Ave.

 

 

So holmes stadium is at the end of 2500 madison Ave?

From what I've heard LCA is a running team. If so then the Breds are going to take this one. They have a good enough secondary to consistantly cover the pass while stacking up on the run. I expect NCC to win the game by no more than 2 touchdowns, but they will win.

 

Comments about the Bellevue game since the thread is locked. No response is needed. Great job by the Breds. I underestimated their secondary. The secondary played good enough to cover the receivers even though the box was stacked. I don't know what happened to Bellevue's blocking. Adams was getting hit by 3 or 4 guys every play at the line, but usually the first guy or even second guy never took him down. Sometimes he was getting hit as soon as he took the hand off. It was an all around bad performance by the Tigers. I was glad to see Adams return the kick though. I hated to see them go out like this after such a great season.

 

Bellevue had a great season and we all commend them for working hard all year.NCC speed on offence was just more than they could defend.Sammy dropping back and running or passing to Canafax is hard to defend.When they drop more people back to help then they would give it to Vicars.It is just alot to defend.Again congrats on a great season Bellevue.

So holmes stadium is at the end of 2500 madison Ave?

 

The directions mean to say you end at 2500 Madison...

 

The School is at 2500 Madison Ave.

The directions mean to say you end at 2500 Madison...

 

The School is at 2500 Madison Ave.

 

It is a little tricky.

 

You will come to a sort of goofy stop light where your two lanes kind of curve to the left slightly and the lanes coming at you kind of split like a fork. There is a conveinence store on the left.

 

Stay in the right lane and just past the light you will see a brick wall and a Holmes High sign. Turn right into the driveway at the brick wall. If the lots right there are open, park there. If they are not, continue down the driveway and go under a connector between buildings and park in the lot by the football field.

 

If those are all full you can park on the city streets by the opposite side of the field but you really have to know what you are doing to find those side streets.

Newport Central Catholic vs. Lexington Christian

 

Regional Titles Since 1959

 

Newport Catholic 7 (2 in 1A and 5 in 2A; Last one in 2001)

Lexington Christian 0

 

Playoff History

 

First Meeting

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.