Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LCA - NCC Predictions

Featured Replies

Breds by 14, especially if they play at Holmes!

 

WHat is so great about NCC at HOLMES?

 

I heard that field is mostly dirt now and not much grass left...

  • Replies 134
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHat is so great about NCC at HOLMES?

 

I heard that field is mostly dirt now and not much grass left...

 

Very incorrect.

 

The Holmes field is in excellent shape and still grass-covered. The grass is Bermuda I believe which turns brown but does not die basically. There are very few muddy spots and the footing has been fairly good.

Very incorrect.

 

The Holmes field is in excellent shape and still grass-covered. The grass is Bermuda I believe which turns brown but does not die basically. There are very few muddy spots and the footing has been fairly good.

 

The grass isn't green but it looks like it's in pretty good shape! It definitely didn't slow the Breds down!

Very incorrect.

 

The Holmes field is in excellent shape and still grass-covered. The grass is Bermuda I believe which turns brown but does not die basically. There are very few muddy spots and the footing has been fairly good.

 

You are right. The field is full of grass but with the type of grass it is, come first real cold it all dies. The grass is still there it's just brown this time of year. It is in very good shape the crew at Holmes HS do a great job. As far as the game I am going to take the Breds by 14. I hear a lot of good things about LCA but I think my boys can pull it out.

Great to hear that the Holmes field is in good shape. LCA has a great field with the same type of grass. The Holmes field will not slow down LCA either.

 

This should be a great game. I know that the NCC faithful were celebrating the fact that they don't have to see the Beechies in this round (despite a previous thread that predicted a second match-up--sorry LCA did not cooperate).

 

And once again, it seems that this game has the same hype as the Beechwood-LCA game, i.e. NCC wins because they have tradition and they are from NKY. Can't always depend on that.

From what I READ on here I think NCC is just to fast, talented, and seasoned for LCA...HOWEVER, I think LCA's team speed plays a major role in this game. I don't think you can ever compare the NCC/BW score as that is a rivalry game and scores and records go out the window. I lot of posters talk about NCC's speed and athleticism being the difference...but I think it is going to be the opposite of that. LCA has a tremendous amount of athletes and speed on the field. They get a lot of people to the ball on defense and don't give up a lot of big plays. On offense (even though Hayden is their stud) they spread the ball around a lot. With Kite finally coming back to full strength at FB this gives LCA another threat on offense that they haven't had until the Beechwood game. IMHO I think whichever team controls the ball by RUNNING it will win this game. LCA is obviously a running team and NCC runs the ball extremely well too...VERY close game!

 

LCA pulls off the upset!

 

34-28

 

"We don't rent pigs!"

I think maybe last week's victory has shaken the stranglehold Northern Kentucky has on this region. LCA's players now know that they can play with the big boys. NCC is solid and well coached. This one will be an old-fashioned knock down drag out. LCA wins with a couple of big plays: 31-24.

 

"Tend to your biscuits."

My prediction is LCA over NCC 35-21...

 

LCA's defense is under-rated and will hold off the NCC strike-force offense.

 

I dont think NCC's defense can stop ALL the variations that LCA's offense can throw at them - especially the running game!

 

Go EAGLES!

The Breds have a new motto this year...

 

"Can You Here The Horse Whisper"?.....

 

The boys are not talking very much. There is a very quiet determination. They know that LCA is a good team, and that Friday night will be a tough contest.

 

Both teams get kudos for their skill players. I believe this game will be won in the trenches. Based on objective observations I have heard from those who have seen both teams play, NCC has the edge on the Offensive and Defensive front.

 

I applaud LCA for the progress their program has made this season. NCC will be more than ready come Friday night.

That would be "hear". Because I am sure they cannot "here the horse whisper"

That would be "hear". Because I am sure they cannot "here the horse whisper"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So is NCC the underdog now.I know nothing about LCA so I don't think I can make a good Prediction.But according to the BGP top 10 poll, LCA should be the underdog.I know it doesn't matter where you are ranked.I was just wondering who people thought the underdog was since they both are 1 seeds.

So is NCC the underdog now.I know nothing about LCA so I don't think I can make a good Prediction.But according to the BGP top 10 poll, LCA should be the underdog.I know it doesn't matter where you are ranked.I was just wondering who people thought the underdog was since they both are 1 seeds.

 

What difference does it make? If you get to this point in the season you have a pretty good team and the difference between underdogs/overdogs can't be all that much.

does anyone kno where this game will b played at yet? how do u get to newport from winchester

 

Take I-75 North toward Cincinnati

 

Merge onto I-275 E via exit 185

 

Take KY-17 Exit 80 toward Covington/Independence

 

Merge onto KY-17 N toward Covington

 

End at 2500 Madison Ave.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.