Will Highlands hold LexCath under 40?

theguru

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go deep in the playoffs every year once in awhile you are going to get it handed to you. So even though we took a whipping we can at least say we were there on these occassions. You have to be there to win and you have to be there to lose.

In both of those games the better team won. The Birds have certainly been on the winning end more often than the losing end. So with that I will say that this game will be close and with CovCath putting up 39 I think the Birds win this game 35 - 31.

Not a regional final but in the 3A Championship final in 03 they got smoked for 44 if my memory serves me correctly.

Also, in a 2002 state semifinal game, Rockcastle laid 45 points on the Birds in a 45 - 6 whipping.

Point taken, they lost 44-10 in the state championship, and 45-6 in the semi-finals, yet as you both mention it was not a regional final. :D

The last time HHS gave up 40+ points in a home playoff game was in the 97' Mud Bowl (41-35 2OTS). Looking back to 95' HHS is 28-2 at home in the playoffs outscoring opp. on average 44.1-13.6 (I did the math).

A breakdown of points allowed:

0-20 22 times

21-30 4 times

31-40 3 times

40+ 1 time