Will Highlands hold LexCath under 40?

theguru

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very surprised if Highlands can hold LexCath to under thirty points and vice versa. I think LexCath's big plays hurt their defense because they had to spend more time on the field because CovCath had longer drives. If LexCath is to continue to advance, they will need to emphasize the ground game more than they did last night. They ran the ball much better against St. X and Scott County than they did last night. Part of this is due to a lack of repetition in the last four or five district games while trying to get to the running clock as quickly as possible. You can only advance from here on with a balanced attack in my opinion.

LexCath may have three D1 players in their Air Attack so it may be a little better than the FC AA.

Start your own thread for your question.

I think 72 has a valid question there. I was really surprised to see the Colonels score so many on Lex Cath. I think the question should be, "Will either team keep it under 40?" :rolleyes:

I think 72 has a valid question there. I was really surprised to see the Colonels score so many on Lex Cath. I think the question should be, "Will either team keep it under 40?" :rolleyes:

I never said it wasn't valid, I just asked him to make his own thread.

I haven't seen the stats for the FC-Highlands game but am willing to bet the stats were closer than the final score. FC moved the ball all over the field against LexCath but struggled in the redzone. Was this the case in the Highlands FC game? LexCath usually scores if they get the ball to the redzone.

Lex Cath has always choked in the playoffs, and until they get over this hump I don't see them getting past Highlands this upcoming week.

I think that is extremely, extremely unfair; it certainly indicts the players and coaches of LC and takes away from the performance of the teams that defeated them.

I think they have lost to some good football teams over the years.

If they prevent the big play, then yes. Like I mentioned earlier, Lex Cath did not have many sustained drives; however, they didn't really need to either.

If they can keep Burke in the pocket, then I think they can contain him. I hope for HHS' sake that they can tackle better than CCH did last night.