HHS vs LexCath Predictions

katbird

Who wins?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lexington Catholic
    • Highlands

The passing success of FC has to be a huge concern to Dale . Burke and his skill players are all very fast and talented. Their passing offense is not your typical routes you see from high school teams. I'd be shocked if HHS faces a faster team this year than what they will see from Burke, Israel, and the wide outs. HHS had better not miss any tackles or its a long night.

The kids at Colerain could lap Burke, Israel and all there wide outs easily.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colerain?

I forgot about them. LC will be the 2nd fastest.

Add in the fact that throwing is a foreign concept to Colerain and HHS is going to see a team that is very, very fast and has D1 players at the qb and wideouts.

Tackling will be key for HHS as it was the downfall of CCH. Unlike almost every other team , LC does not give you a second chance if you miss the first tackle.

I forgot about them. LC will be the 2nd fastest.

Add in the fact that throwing is a foreign concept to Colerain and HHS is going to see a team that is very, very fast and has D1 players at the qb and wideouts.

Tackling will be key for HHS as it was the downfall of CCH. Unlike almost every other team , LC does not give you a second chance if you miss the first tackle.

I really don't think you can blame the kids for the poor tackling; when they were facing superior athletes one on one in the open field, the best athlete is going to win that battle most of the time, especially when the difference in athleticism is so great.

Burbage, Caldewell, Burke, & Israel are just a step and a half quicker than any CCH player; that is where TEAM defense is needed.

St. X is a perfect example; they have no one on defense that can run with the Colerain backs. But when there is 2, 3, & 4 players around the ball on almost every play, then the kids can make the plays.

Some of the Colonels were left on islands, which I don't think was their fault.

I realize Colerain runs it every play & LC throws it most of the time; that is why safeties should be deeper than 5, 4, or even 3 yards off the ball on 90% of the plays. To mix in that defense would be fine, but to play almost exclusively is going to cost a team against superior athletes, which it did.

I went with Lex. Cath. to win cause I just think that this is the year they will get over that hump and make it to the finals. But it should be a great game by these great footballs programs. No doubt this will will be the game of the week. Good luck to both teams.

LC wins because HHS can't stop the passing game of LC and LC's defense is good enough not to give up the big plays. LC's special teams are slightly better too and I think if HHS has to use a long field all night they will not score much. HHS has too many penalties that will stop some of their offensive possessions.