220 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lexington Catholic
    • Highlands

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, for one, Dale is not the Defensive coordinator, in fact he rarely has anything to do with the defense. The Coach that runs the defence is Brian Weinrich (sp). But anyways, a big factor in Franklin County's sucess with passing was the poor form of the drop back zone of the linebackers in the first half, the constantly were just in front of the WR who would catch it just behind them. Once we fixed that little problem at half notice how they had very little sucess. About 55 or something yards in the second...

The passing success of FC has to be a huge concern to Dale . Burke and his skill players are all very fast and talented. Their passing offense is not your typical routes you see from high school teams. I'd be shocked if HHS faces a faster team this year than what they will see from Burke, Israel, and the wide outs. HHS had better not miss any tackles or its a long night.

It was a huge concern for the first 24 minutes. (306 yards 14 points) The second 24 minutes, after a few adjustments, it was of minimal concern. (55 yards, 0 points)

There has been a lot of talk about comparative scores...This is what the overall LC - H commons look like.

CovCath - LC Won 42 - 39 ... H - Won 28 - 21

Franklin Co - LC Won 62 - 28 ... H - Won 61 - 14

Grant Co - LC Won 51 - 6 ... H - Won 62 - 12

St Xavier - LC - Lost 37 - 34 in OT ... H - Lost 45 - 0

W Jessimine - LC Won 42 - 12 ... H - Won 55 - 8

Five Game Totals

LC 231 - 122 (Avg 46 - 24)

H 206 - 100 ( Avg 41 - 20)

Looks pretty even to me.

Should you put more stock in the ST X game?

If you mean that the results of both teams games. For HHS, coming off a loss to an Ohio power (Colerain) with multiple D1 players that were bigger, better, and stronger then to go play another powerhouse team from Ky. with some equally impressive players. HHS was flat and wore out from the week before mentally and physically that there was no way they were going to win IMO. Now if HHs plays St. X after one of the first two games, then "maybe" it would have been closer. Will never know! Who did LexCath play before their game with St. X? And remeber it was early in the season for both and I would rather be peaking now than early like some teams I've heard of. With that said, I'll wait till the end of the week to decide how many TD's HHS will score bases on some double secret information from a local "CREW". :flame: HHS wins this one on their way to #17. "Go Birds"

Who did LexCath play before their game with St. X?

They beat Lex Christian 52 - 14 in week one.

The Birds were really banged up also after the Colerain game. I think 5 or 6 of the starters on D were out or very limited and both QBs were really dinged.

This is where Lex. Cath. season always ends. Why should this year be any different? HHS 44

LCHS 30

:rolleyes: So this team should be held under the same standards as teams of the past?

I think most people banked on Cov Cath's D stopping the Knights and a few people got shown wrong.(Before Sportz Addict mentions three TDs on 4th down, last I checked a score is a score no matter when you get it) I don't think anyone can just bank on their D stopping the Knights. Special Teams and Offense will be crucial for Highlands. Limit mistakes, eat up time, control field position all are huge factors this year for LC opponents. If the D has a huge stop or creates a turnover, its just icing on the cake. Im wishing both teams the best of luck but of course Im rooting for the Knights always.

GO KNIGHTS

:rolleyes: So this team should be held under the same standards as teams of the past?

Absolutely NOT...However, you know it will be in the back of their collective mind.

Do you think they know this?

In 45 years since the playoff system began in 1959, Highlands has:

25 District Champs (56%)

23 Regional Champs (51%)

5 State Runner-up (11%)

16 State Champ (36%)

Between their State Runner-ups and their State Championships, the Birds have appeared in 47% of the title games. They average a State Championship game appearence every 2.1 years with a crown every 2.8 years.

Do you think they will think about it as they enter David Cecil Memorial Stadium on Friday?

Absolutely NOT...However, you know it will be in the back of their collective mind.

Do you think they know this?

In 45 years since the playoff system began in 1959, Highlands has:

25 District Champs (56%)

23 Regional Champs (51%)

5 State Runner-up (11%)

16 State Champ (36%)

Between their State Runner-ups and their State Championships, the Birds have appeared in 47% of the title games. They average a State Championship game appearence every 2.1 years with a crown every 2.8 years.

Do you think they will think about it as they enter David Cecil Memorial Stadium on Friday?

I know they know it. I just hope they know it and say who cares because those numbers are the past and have no bearing on friday. I'll say it time and time again, the players shouldn't worry about the past, its the present that matters. Burke already has done one thing he has never done, lead a team to a regional championship game. Hopefully he can build on that, this kid is special and I think has the ability finally pull the team over this insurmountable hump.

I know they know it. I just hope they know it and say who cares because those numbers are the past and have no bearing on friday. I'll say it time and time again, the players shouldn't worry about the past, its the present that matters. Burke already has done one thing he has never done, lead a team to a regional championship game. Hopefully he can build on that, this kid is special and I think has the ability finally pull the team over this insurmountable hump.

Burke is a great qb and he has great supporting players. I hear your wideouts are as fast as they come and run great routes. I look forward to seeing them. We'll be ready for Burke. We'll certainly respect him, but we won't be in awe of him. Most of the kids on Highlands team were watching that game several years ago when Tim Couch and Co. came to town for the semi final game. Tim was as good as they come in high school qbs and he had some good receivers. We were able to find a way to beat them. If we did it then, we can do it now. We realize it won't be easy at all and better bring our A game not only to the game, but every practice this week. Looking forward to seeing LexCath and welcoming your fans to Ft. Thomas.