Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 63 Seneca 14

Featured Replies

Some quotes made by the Seneca p.a. announcer. "Terrible pass by Trinity quarterback falls incomplete!" "A more than favorable spot by the ref gives Trinity a first down." "Trinity going for more points!" This was after an incomplete pass with second and third stringers in against the Seneca first team defense. "Smith's pass falls incomplete while the Seneca reciever had the Trinity corner beat by at least five yards!"

 

He never used the players names or numbers. Everything was just Trinity and position. So unprofessional.

 

I'm surprised the Seneca coaches or administration allowed this to continue through the game. Very sad.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some quotes made by the Seneca p.a. announcer. "Terrible pass by Trinity quarterback falls incomplete!" "A more than favorable spot by the ref gives Trinity a first down." "Trinity going for more points!" This was after an incomplete pass with second and third stringers in against the Seneca first team defense. "Smith's pass falls incomplete while the Seneca reciever had the Trinity corner beat by at least five yards!"

 

He never used the players names or numbers. Everything was just Trinity and position. So unprofessional.

 

That is so pathetic! Where did they get that guy?

after further review I think Seneca owes Doc Mullens & company an apology... and suspend little harry carey for a game. :cool: it might be, it could be, it is... another Shamrock touchdown! HOly cow!

I'm surprised the Seneca coaches or administration allowed this to continue through the game. Very sad.

 

I don't think the Seneca coaches were listening to the PA announcer during the game. Most coaches I know are too busy during the game and too focused on the game to hear fans, announcers, cheerleaders, etc. Surely someone else is in charge of policing the PA announcer.

Go to John Hardin and listen to that guy.

 

I'm not a fan of the Rocks/X, but when I try to listen to their radio guys, well it does make me want to turn the channels. Its comical.

 

I did try to find the game on the radio since I had picked Seneca to upset the Rocks. But wasn't planning on listening too long.

 

How come X/Rocks get radio coverage in the first place?

 

This practice might continue with some schools I just heard. Not allowing the "radio Homers" to come in their place.

Go to John Hardin and listen to that guy.

 

I'm not a fan of the Rocks/X, but when I try to listen to their radio guys, well it does make me want to turn the channels. Its comical.

 

I did try to find the game on the radio since I had picked Seneca to upset the Rocks. But wasn't planning on listening too long.

 

How come X/Rocks get radio coverage in the first place?

 

This practice might continue with some schools I just heard. Not allowing the "radio Homers" to come in their place.

 

I will speak for X and T on this. They get radio coverage because they pay a station broadcast rights. At T (Trinity teacher, Wayne Kraus) bust his behind to get companies (mainly T alums) to sponsor the broadcast t(o pay the fees) in order to get in on air. The same goes for X with the exception that a 3rd party manages their sports radio network and has done so for well over 15 years. It takes a tremendous amount ot time and effort to manage these broadcast.

 

So you think X/T announcers are homers?

 

In efforts to stay on topic of this thread as well? What is the status of the Seneca QB and his injury?

I think the reason for the radio ban is that the school administrators feel that it will hurt the gate - both home and visitor fans - if they allow the game to be broadcast. For many teams, the Trinity or St. X game would be their largest live gate by far, I would think. Don't say I agree with their thinking--just stating what I perceive their reasoning to be.

I wonder what they think that those fans walking around the games with head phones on are listening to, music?.

I think that all games should be on the radio if possible.

Go to John Hardin and listen to that guy.

 

I'm not a fan of the Rocks/X, but when I try to listen to their radio guys, well it does make me want to turn the channels. Its comical.

 

I did try to find the game on the radio since I had picked Seneca to upset the Rocks. But wasn't planning on listening too long.

 

How come X/Rocks get radio coverage in the first place?

 

This practice might continue with some schools I just heard. Not allowing the "radio Homers" to come in their place.

 

 

Oh come on AL -- don't sugar coat it !

Go to John Hardin and listen to that guy.

 

I'm not a fan of the Rocks/X, but when I try to listen to their radio guys, well it does make me want to turn the channels. Its comical.

 

I did try to find the game on the radio since I had picked Seneca to upset the Rocks. But wasn't planning on listening too long.

 

How come X/Rocks get radio coverage in the first place?

 

This practice might continue with some schools I just heard. Not allowing the "radio Homers" to come in their place.

 

There's a HUGE difference between radio coverage and the on-site PA guy. For one you can't change the chanel on the PA guy. And as much as the T or X radio guys are homers they at least attempt to announce the names of the players on the other team.

I wasn't comparing the PA/Radio guys. Just covering two topics on the thread. John Hardin guy was the worst I have heard and I've been to a few games.

 

Tony, you don't think those guys are Homers? They should be, but like I said its comical.

I wasn't comparing the PA/Radio guys. Just covering two topics on the thread. John Hardin guy was the worst I have heard and I've been to a few games.

 

Tony, you don't think those guys are Homers? They should be, but like I said its comical.

 

I'm not Tony,but I'll say they should be homers. They're Trinity broadcasters broadcasting a Trinity game, not ESPN broadcasting a Trinity game.

I wasn't comparing the PA/Radio guys. Just covering two topics on the thread. John Hardin guy was the worst I have heard and I've been to a few games.

 

Tony, you don't think those guys are Homers? They should be, but like I said its comical.

No, I don't!!!! Three or so years ago I would have said yes about X only because of person on the broadcast team. That person is no longer on the team. John, Tony and Henry are class guys and do a great job. If they were homers I would say it! I listen and know a good amount about Sports Radio Broadcasting. I think its more about you disliking X or T than to give them a fair shake.

Go to John Hardin and listen to that guy.

 

I'm not a fan of the Rocks/X, but when I try to listen to their radio guys, well it does make me want to turn the channels. Its comical.

 

I did try to find the game on the radio since I had picked Seneca to upset the Rocks. But wasn't planning on listening too long.

 

How come X/Rocks get radio coverage in the first place?

 

This practice might continue with some schools I just heard. Not allowing the "radio Homers" to come in their place.

 

Just another advantage Larry of being a large Private School. By the way, Eatern will not let T broadcast either this week. It's their biggest gate of the year.

This seems silly to me. I really do not believe that radio broadcasts keep people away. The people that want to go will go no matter what. The only people who listen most likely can't go. I bet we are talking about a small number of people. Shame on those schools.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.