Russell at Newport Predictions

Cubster

How do you guys think the long bus ride and home field advantage will affect this game? I think it could have a bigger impact than most think. Its not easy to ride a bus for 4 hours and go play a great game.

Its only a two hour drive up the AA. Even on a bus. It is not a bad drive at all. I don't believe it will have any effect on the game.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Daddy. How much room is there on the visitors side? Do we need to bring our own seating? Also can you get to the stadium from I-471?

There is only one set of stands at Newport but they are divided in half so the visitor section has as much seating as our fans will have. If it gets to crowded they may let people stand around the track and you can also bring your own seating if need be and sit right outside the field and still have a good view. But im not sure if you will need to bring your own or not. How many do you guys think you will bring?

I just checked the Khsaa site and our stadium holds 2900 if that helps you any.

There is only one set of stands at Newport but they are divided in half so the visitor section has as much seating as our fans will have. If it gets to crowded they may let people stand around the track and you can also bring your own seating if need be and sit right outside the field and still have a good view. But im not sure if you will need to bring your own or not. How many do you guys think you will bring?

Id say we will bring more than your average team that has to travel 2 hours. It sounds like Newports stadium kinda reminds me of Prestonsburg where the visiting team is oppisite of there fans.

The field will probably be muddy. It has been raining since about 6:00 PM and it hasn't let up yet. I think the rain will make this a more competitive game than if it were a dry field. According to the weather man -- it's going to be around 29 degrees. Better bring some blankets for this one.

I think a muddy field would probably be in Russell's favor.

Is there a possibility of the game being moved. I have heard that the field is torn up pretty bad? CCH maybe?

If it's moved to CCH then the game would have to be played on Saturday afternoon.

Anyone know when that decision would be made? We are chartering a bus as well as re-arranging our work schedules to attend this game.

I would say that Russell's AD would have the answer to that question. The only reason I gave for the game having to be played on Saturday afternoon if the game were moved to CCH is becaue CCH has no lights at their stadium.

What does Russell do alot of, run or pass? If played there in bad conditions who does it favor?

Run, Run, Run and throw a pass to keep everyone honest. I think the muddy field favors us a bit. Last year we had a rushing record broken on the muddiest field that I have seen in years.